Re: I have stuck here...

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Gus Richter, Jan 23, 2011.

  1. Gus Richter

    Gus Richter Guest

    On 1/22/2011 7:47 PM, heretic wrote:

    >> Gus - anything different in Embedded Stylesheet is destroying layout.

    You destroyed the layout. I fixed it for you with what you had. You
    messed up by not following detailed instructions (and learning
    something), else you did not even bother following my instructions.

    >> I love that layout.
    >>
    >> I had with menu on the top - but so many people missing that menu!
    >> So I've done it below header picture.
    >>
    >> Many thanks so far... :)

    That's it for me. Good luck to you.

    --
    Gus

    Gus Richter, Jan 23, 2011

  2. Gus Richter

    Gus Richter Guest

    On 1/23/2011 2:00 AM, heretic wrote:

    > Maybe I've made some silly mistake!?
    >
    > If so, my sincere apologies...

    No, it seems that I must apologize for I have reread your original post
    and I had tried to address only:

    http://www.zbawienie.com/front.htm
    How can I adjust margins on top link www.zbawienie.com,
    so the pic would not be pushed down!?

    but it seems that I took too much of my medication causing me to totally
    misunderstand this simple query of yours. So ignore all that I wrote and
    here is my new suggestion:

    I would not consider margin adjustment in this instance at all since
    here specifically simply positioning it absolutely works easily, e.g.,

    #head p {position:absolute;top:20px;}

    --
    Gus

    Gus Richter, Jan 23, 2011

  3. Gus Richter

    Lewis Guest

    In message <ihhn6h$afq$-september.org>
    Gus Richter <> wrote:
    > On 1/23/2011 2:00 AM, heretic wrote:
    >>
    >> Maybe I've made some silly mistake!?
    >>
    >> If so, my sincere apologies...

    > No, it seems that I must apologize for I have reread your original post
    > and I had tried to address only:

    > http://www.zbawienie.com/front.htm
    > How can I adjust margins on top link www.zbawienie.com,
    > so the pic would not be pushed down!?

    > but it seems that I took too much of my medication causing me to totally
    > misunderstand this simple query of yours. So ignore all that I wrote and
    > here is my new suggestion:

    > I would not consider margin adjustment in this instance at all since
    > here specifically simply positioning it absolutely works easily, e.g.,

    > #head p {position:absolute;top:20px;}

    Isn't position:absolute problematic in *some* (spit) browsers?

    --
    'Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!' --Feet of Clay

    Lewis, Jan 23, 2011
  4. Gus Richter

    Gus Richter Guest

    On 1/23/2011 4:43 PM, Lewis wrote:
    > In message<ihhn6h$afq$-september.org>
    > Gus Richter<> wrote:
    >> On 1/23/2011 2:00 AM, heretic wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Maybe I've made some silly mistake!?
    >>>
    >>> If so, my sincere apologies...

    >> No, it seems that I must apologize for I have reread your original post
    >> and I had tried to address only:

    >> http://www.zbawienie.com/front.htm
    >> How can I adjust margins on top link www.zbawienie.com,
    >> so the pic would not be pushed down!?

    >> but it seems that I took too much of my medication causing me to totally
    >> misunderstand this simple query of yours. So ignore all that I wrote and
    >> here is my new suggestion:

    >> I would not consider margin adjustment in this instance at all since
    >> here specifically simply positioning it absolutely works easily, e.g.,

    >> #head p {position:absolute;top:20px;}

    > Isn't position:absolute problematic in *some* (spit) browsers?

    Problematic in all browsers if not used properly.
    In this case, I believe it to be OK for all browsers.

    --
    Gus

    Gus Richter, Jan 23, 2011
  5. Gus Richter

    dorayme Guest

    In article <ihhn6h$afq$-september.org>,
    Gus Richter <> wrote:

    > On 1/23/2011 2:00 AM, heretic wrote:
    > >
    > > Maybe I've made some silly mistake!?
    > >
    > > If so, my sincere apologies...

    > No, it seems that I must apologize for I have reread your original post
    > and I had tried to address only:
    >
    > http://www.zbawienie.com/front.htm
    > How can I adjust margins on top link www.zbawienie.com,
    > so the pic would not be pushed down!?
    >
    > but it seems that I took too much of my medication causing me to totally
    > misunderstand this simple query of yours. So ignore all that I wrote and
    > here is my new suggestion:
    >
    > I would not consider margin adjustment in this instance at all since
    > here specifically simply positioning it absolutely works easily, e.g.,
    >
    > #head p {position:absolute;top:20px;}

    For some reason, can't see what the real problem was in the first
    place re this. As I said before.

    So I guess I will follow your lead and further contribute to the
    other part of the OP's question re centring horizontal
    non-html-tables menus.

    Here are two techniques (one I mentioned before which OP did not
    quite implement as well as possible):

    <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/centred_menu.html>

    The first, with the guessed width for UL based on a known set of
    list links is vulnerable to variations from different fonts and
    text sizes, but it is not too bad. The second one, is more exact
    (but I think is not as flexible to style as with the float one
    above).

    There are other ways too, using table css (not html tables) but
    not sure of support in some browsers that some people still the
    need to support.

    Go easy on that medication, Gus! Hope you are OK.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 24, 2011