Re: I need help with my homework!! Emergency!!!

Discussion in 'C++' started by Karl Heinz Buchegger, Nov 23, 2004.

  1. Raymond Martineau wrote:

    > On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 19:41:57 -0800, "Dave Townsend"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >Obviously you haven't tried very hard, the calculation
    > >in your program fails to add the deposit each month, that's
    > >why it doesn't work.

    > While the program is defective, it is not for that reason.

    It is exactly for that reason. Read what the assignment asks for

    > // Purpose: Program calculates the amount of time necessary to reach a
    > certain
    > // financial goal by consistantly depositing the same amount of money
    > // into an interest-bearing account each month. The account is
    > comounded monthly.

    That means:
    * add interest rate
    * add a constant amount equal to the initial deposit

    I can see the interest rate in the OP's formular, but I don't
    see the constant amount

    --
    Karl Heinz Buchegger
    Karl Heinz Buchegger, Nov 23, 2004

  2. On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:19:29 +0100, Karl Heinz Buchegger
    <> wrote:

    >It is exactly for that reason. Read what the assignment asks for
    >
    >> // Purpose: Program calculates the amount of time necessary to reach a
    >> certain
    >> // financial goal by consistantly depositing the same amount of money
    >> // into an interest-bearing account each month. The account is
    >> comounded monthly.

    >That means:
    > * add interest rate
    > * add a constant amount equal to the initial deposit
    >
    >I can see the interest rate in the OP's formular, but I don't
    >see the constant amount

    Seems that I skipped over that detail. My mistake.

    That's also why I asked for the expected result - it's very easy to miss
    key statements in comments when you are rushed or not fully awake. As a
    result, you tend to look for compilation errors or style problems instead.
    Raymond Martineau, Nov 23, 2004