Re: i need help

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Angelico, Feb 21, 2013.

  1. On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 8:09 PM, leonardo <> wrote:
    > hi guys,
    >
    > i just created this file:
    >
    > print "i love pizza!"
    > print "pizza" * 20
    > print "yum" * 40
    > print "i'm full."
    >
    > and saved it into a file with "idle-gui", if i try to run the program i get
    > an invalid syntax error, it displays a red sign on the quote mark at the
    > end of the first row of my program..
    > i checked but i didn't make mistaked..is idle a bit crazy??

    Are you using Python version 3? If so, you need to put parentheses
    around your print arguments, because print is a function:

    print("i love pizza!")
    print("pizza" * 20)
    print("yum" * 40)
    print("i'm full.")

    As an additional tip, I believe your keyboard has a couple of keys on
    it marked "Shift". Holding one down lets you produce capital letters,
    which make your emails significantly more readable. Get some practice
    with these keys, as you'll use them a lot in programming :)

    ChrisA
    Chris Angelico, Feb 21, 2013