Re: ICA - Independent Component Analysis

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tim Churches, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Tim Churches

    Tim Churches Guest

    On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 03:33, John Hunter wrote:
    > Has anyone implemented ICA (Independent Component Analysis) in
    > python, or know of a wrapper for a library that does so?
    >
    > I see that the developers of http://pdilib.sourceforge.net/ claim it
    > is coming soon.... My email to them bounced, though, so I couldn't
    > contact them directly.

    There is a fastICA library for R (a free statistical analysis
    environment) which does ICA and projection pursuit - see
    http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/PACKAGES.html#fastICA

    If you want to access it from Python, try Walter Moreira's excellent RPy
    module (see http://rpy.sf.net) which embeds R within your Python
    interpreter and provides an incredibly smooth interface between the two
    (including the ability to directly pass NumPy arrays to and from R).
    --

    Tim C

    PGP/GnuPG Key 1024D/EAF993D0 available from keyservers everywhere
    or at http://members.optushome.com.au/tchur/pubkey.asc
    Key fingerprint = 8C22 BF76 33BA B3B5 1D5B EB37 7891 46A9 EAF9 93D0

    Tim Churches, Jun 27, 2003