Re: ICA - Independent Component Analysis

Discussion in 'Python' started by John Hunter, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. John Hunter

    John Hunter Guest

    Tim> There is a fastICA library for R (a free statistical analysis
    Tim> environment) which does ICA and projection pursuit - see
    Tim> http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/PACKAGES.html#fastICA

    Tim> If you want to access it from Python, try Walter Moreira's
    Tim> excellent RPy module (see http://rpy.sf.net) which embeds R
    Tim> within your Python interpreter and provides an incredibly
    Tim> smooth interface between the two (including the ability to
    Tim> directly pass NumPy arrays to and from R). --

    Great -- that looks perfect. I am confused about one thing. It
    appears that fastica is an extension module that is not part of the
    src I downloaded. If I install the extension, will I have to modify
    rpy to use it from python, or is there some procedure so that this
    will happen automagically?

    Thanks,
    John Hunter

    John Hunter, Jun 27, 2003