Re: IDLE won't wrap lines of text

Discussion in 'Python' started by Terry Reedy, Feb 20, 2011.

  1. Terry Reedy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 2/19/2011 6:56 PM, Richard D. Moores wrote:
    > Vista
    > Python 3.1.3
    >
    > I can't figure out how to get IDLE to wrap text pasted in from, say, a
    > newspaper article. Usually, a each paragraph will appear as one long
    > unwrapped line, with no way to read the whole line, because no
    > horizontal bar is created. I haven't found anything about this in
    > either the options or the help.

    The IDLE editor was designed for writing Python code, not general text.
    It is expected that you will limit line lengths to what can be seen on
    your screen.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy
    Terry Reedy, Feb 20, 2011

  2. Terry Reedy

    Guest

    i think i understand the question... see when u doing django and u have use the views.py to respond to request in html form,,, its hard to wrap the html codes in idle..

    On Sunday, February 20, 2011 11:54:36 PM UTC, Terry Reedy wrote:
    > On 2/19/2011 6:56 PM, Richard D. Moores wrote:
    > > Vista
    > > Python 3.1.3
    > >
    > > I can't figure out how to get IDLE to wrap text pasted in from, say, a
    > > newspaper article. Usually, a each paragraph will appear as one long
    > > unwrapped line, with no way to read the whole line, because no
    > > horizontal bar is created. I haven't found anything about this in
    > > either the options or the help.

    > The IDLE editor was designed for writing Python code, not general text.
    > It is expected that you will limit line lengths to what can be seen on
    > your screen.
    >
    > --
    > Terry Jan Reedy
    , Jul 7, 2012

  3. Terry Reedy

    Guest

    i think i understand the question... see when u doing django and u have use the views.py to respond to request in html form,,, its hard to wrap the html codes in idle..

    On Sunday, February 20, 2011 11:54:36 PM UTC, Terry Reedy wrote:
    > On 2/19/2011 6:56 PM, Richard D. Moores wrote:
    > > Vista
    > > Python 3.1.3
    > >
    > > I can't figure out how to get IDLE to wrap text pasted in from, say, a
    > > newspaper article. Usually, a each paragraph will appear as one long
    > > unwrapped line, with no way to read the whole line, because no
    > > horizontal bar is created. I haven't found anything about this in
    > > either the options or the help.

    > The IDLE editor was designed for writing Python code, not general text.
    > It is expected that you will limit line lengths to what can be seen on
    > your screen.
    >
    > --
    > Terry Jan Reedy
    , Jul 7, 2012