Re: IDLE won't wrap lines of text

Discussion in 'Python' started by André Roberge, Feb 21, 2011.

  1. On Sunday, February 20, 2011 10:51:38 PM UTC-4, Dick Moores wrote:
    > On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 18:32, Rhodri James <> wrote:
    > > On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 01:41:12 -0000, Richard D. Moores <>
    > > wrote:

    > >> Take a look at <http://tutoree7.pastebin.com/EmyQTaYt>

    > > I see.  I'd recommend the approach of sticking your source data in a
    > > separate text file (using a text editor rather than IDLE) in any case;
    > > it's much less of a pain to change what you are working on that way.

    > Problem is I know of no text editor that can handle Japanese.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dick

    The editor in Crunchy (http://code.google.com/p/crunchy) appears to be working just fine with the sample code you posted (at least when using Python 3 - I got an error when using it to run the code with Python 2). That being said, I would not recommend it for heavy work....

    An editor that seems to work just fine (although it took a long time to load the sample code) is SublimeText (http://www.sublimetext.com/) - version 2 alpha; it is becoming my editor of choice.

    André
    André Roberge, Feb 21, 2011