Re: IE 6.0 with SP2 and Windows XP SP2 and Adobe Acrobat & Reader 6.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by George, Aug 23, 2004.

  1. George

    George Guest

    Mose likely you need to specify
    ContentLength as well
    George

    "Ken Beard" <> wrote in message news:...
    Background info :
    IE 6.0 with SP2
    Windows XP SP2 & a xp with only SP1 (2 seperate machines)
    Adobe Acrobat & Reader 6.0 (2 seperate machines)
    Asp.net 1.1

    For some reason when I try to open a pdf file using

    Response.ContentType = "Application/pdf"
    Response.BinaryWrite(myData)

    I get a blank page. Now Adobe's dll loaded does pop up and load but nothing
    happens after that. Of course myData is an array of bytes. This works with
    openning any other type of file (word, etc.), of course I change the
    contentType.

    Now, on the VERY same systems I try this with Mozilia and the pdf opens fine.

    Anybody got any suggestions, and of course I'm posting this here and on
    Adobe.com.

    Thanks
    --
    Ken Beard
    MCSD, MCP

    George, Aug 23, 2004

  2. Re: IE 6.0 with SP2 and Windows XP SP2 and Adobe Acrobat & Reader

    Thanks for the reply, but I don't see ContentLength anywhere, I checked under
    the Response object but its not there and the binarywrite method doesn't show
    any signatures. Where would contentLength be?

    Ken

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VuIEJlYXJk?=, Aug 23, 2004

  3. George

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    Ken Beard wrote:
    > Thanks for the reply, but I don't see ContentLength anywhere, I
    > checked under the Response object but its not there and the
    > binarywrite method doesn't show any signatures. Where would
    > contentLength be?

    You have to set it using HttpResponse.AppendHeader().

    Cheers,
    --
    Joerg Jooss

    Joerg Jooss, Aug 23, 2004
  4. George

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    Ken Beard wrote:
    > Thanks Joerg for the VERY fast response, unfortently I tried that
    > using
    >
    > Response.AppendHeader("ContentLength", myData.Length)
    >
    > again mydata being an array of bytes. but I still get the same
    > result. Adobes dll loader runs and then I get a blank window.
    >
    > Any other suggestions?

    The header's name is "Content-Length". Try

    Joerg Jooss, Aug 23, 2004
  5. George

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    Ken Beard wrote:
    > Well, I made that and still nothing but a blank screen. Now the pdf
    > I'm testing with is pretty small, so its not a size issue. And it
    > loads with Mozillia in like 2 seconds so I'm ruling that out. Any
    > other thoughts?

    Are you loading it over HTTPS?

    Cheers,

    --
    Joerg Jooss

    Joerg Jooss, Aug 24, 2004
  6. Re: IE 6.0 with SP2 and Windows XP SP2 and Adobe Acrobat & Reader

    Nope I'm loading by http. I also tested running it on my local box with no
    avail.

    THANKS
    Ken

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VuIEJlYXJk?=, Aug 24, 2004