Re: IE is driving me crazy

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Gregor Kofler, Apr 28, 2008.

  1. sheldonlg meinte:

    >> IE6: The "onClick" doesn't invoke the javascript that is designated.
    >> I know this because for testing purposes to figure out this problem, I
    >> put an alert to show that I get there. It doesn't alert.

    Have you activated "show script errors"? I suppose not.

    >> IE7: The application doesn't even come up. It says there is a runtime
    >> error; that it is expecting a ';' at line 1; and asks if I want to
    >> debug. If I answer yes, it just closes that popup and continues
    >> without entering any debug module.

    Have you installed a script debugger? I suppose not.

    >> 1 - Is there ANY tool, however crippled, that can help me debug IE6's
    >> problems of not reaching the javascript?
    >> 2 - Is there anything I need to load on my computer so that IE7 will
    >> enter some debug module?

    <http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2004/10/26/247912.aspx>

    Another (rather shoddy) tool for DOM inspection:
    >http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=e59c3964-672d-4511-bb3e-2d5e1db91038&displaylang=en>

    >> 3 - Does anyone have any idea why a javascript might not be reachable
    >> in IE, but is in FF?

    Hmmm. Showing some of your code snippets might help.

    > Worked only in FF (with debugging alert inserted):
    > function showFamilyTree(obj, elementId)
    > {
    > alert('showing tree for element ' + elementId);

    [snip]

    Then the error is somewhere "before" this function call.

    Gregor

    http://web.gregorkofler.com ::: meine JS-Spielwiese
    Gregor Kofler, Apr 28, 2008