Re: IE Scrollbars

Discussion in 'HTML' started by John Hosking, May 9, 2008.

  1. John Hosking

    John Hosking Guest

    cross-post to c.l.j removed, f'ups to alt.html

    sheldonlg wrote:
    > I am beginning to **REALLY** hate Internet Explorer.

    You're *late*. Where've you been?

    > I had a problem [...], made a page
    > with the generated html and then (W3C) validated that page. This showed
    > me my errors and I corrected them all. Now the onclicks all work.

    To me, validating the page is SOP for Web page development. You
    (probably now see why you) should make it a standard for yourself.

    > However, in IE6 (not in FF), the vertical scroll bars have disappeared.
    > Does anyone have **ANY** idea as to what can cause the scroll bars to
    > disappear. I also can't key down in IE6.

    No URL, no clue. Did you mangle an overflow property in the CSS? Come to
    that, have you validated the CSS as well as the markup?

    > I can't post this URL because it is an intranet, AJAX Framework, app
    > that is behind a firewall and accessible from the outside only via VPN.
    > I know that this is severely limiting in asking for help, but there is
    > nothing I can do about that.

    More acurately, it's severely limiting in providing help, but there is
    nothing I can do about that. :)

    --
    John
    There are no Wal-Marts in Iraq. They're all Targets.
    John Hosking, May 9, 2008