Re: If I put text offscreen but first in my html file, will it cause a problem?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by rf, Apr 5, 2008.

  1. rf

    rf Guest

    rf, Apr 5, 2008

  2. Re: If I put text offscreen but first in my html file, will it causea problem?

    rf wrote:
    > Mike Barnard <> wrote in
    >
    >> My idea is to try and get googles crawler to read good, useful text
    >> but I don't want it seen in the header, a bit like meta data. [1] So
    >> if I give it a position relative, waaaaaaay off screen like -10000
    >> will it cause any problems?

    > http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=66355

    And http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=66353.

    "If your site is perceived to contain hidden text and links that are
    deceptive in intent, your site may be removed from the Google index, and
    will not appear in search results pages. When evaluating your site to
    see if it includes hidden text or links, look for anything that's not
    easily viewable by visitors of your site. Are any text or links there
    solely for search engines rather than visitors?"

    Harlan Messinger, Apr 6, 2008