Re: If I put text offscreen but first in my html file, will it cause a problem?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by mrcakey, Apr 7, 2008.

  1. mrcakey

    mrcakey Guest

    "Mike Barnard" <> wrote in message
    > My idea is to try and get googles crawler to read good, useful text
    > but I don't want it seen in the header, a bit like meta data. [1] So
    > if I give it a position relative, waaaaaaay off screen like -10000
    > will it cause any problems?

    I'm in the middle of a grovelling process after the big G removed my site
    for (I assume) similar infractions. They're no slouches when it comes to
    monitoring any naughtiness with your AdSense ads either.

    For SEO, there's a group alt.internet.search-engines which is very useful.

    Site's looking great BTW. Shame to lose the silly photo!

    +mrcakey

    mrcakey, Apr 7, 2008