Re: iframe object in a frame not fully using the entire space available

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Tom Van Overbeke, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. "Steve Pugh" <> wrote in message
    > "Tom Van Overbeke" <> wrote:
    >
    > ><frameset rows="25%,25%,25%,25%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
    > > <frame src="logfile/log-linux" name "Linux servers" >
    > > <frame src="logfile/log-support.html" name "File servers" >
    > > <frame src="logfile/log-webserver.html" name "Web server" >
    > > <frame src="logfile/log-dataserver.html" name "Data server" >
    > >

    > >where each frame src corresponds to:

    > ><head>
    > ><title>Logfile Analyzer: Linux servers</title>
    > ><META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="60">
    > ></head>
    > > <iframe src="linux-swatch.html" frameborder=0 width="100%" height=123
    > >marginwidth=0 marginheight=0>
    > >
    > >This works fine, pages are refreshed and all that, but per frame i lose
    > >about 1 centimer above and below the iframe

    > Seems an overly complex way of doing it. If you're going to refresh
    > the contents of each frame every 60 seconds why not refresh the whole
    > frameset. Then you can drop the iframes and load linux-swatch.html
    > etc., directly into the frame.

    I started out like that, but the problem was that i want all the frames to
    continuously display the top of each logfile (they are displayed most recent
    event on top), and doing it your way, even after a refresh, the frame might
    still display somewhere halfway the logfile.

    > Anyway, your problem is probably caused by the fact that marginwidth
    > and marginheight are attributes of frame not frameset.

    Yes you are right, i moved these attributes in the frame statement, and it
    looks much better now.

    thx,

    Tom.
    Tom Van Overbeke, Jul 15, 2003