Re: IHttpModule trouble registering in web.config

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Duncan Godwin, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    The code containing the module would have to sit in the https site's virtual
    directory's bin
    directory. So if secured is a virtual directory it would be the bin off
    that, if myusername is
    a virtual directory the bin under that.

    The error is basically telling you the type cannot be found.

    To fix it see how you can copy the assembly into the correct bin directory.

    Kind Regards,

    Duncan Godwin

    "Mekael Turner" <> wrote in message
    > Hey Everyone,
    > I am building a store application that is on an unsecured server. We got

    one
    > of those shared certificates that takes you from (ex.
    > http://www.mydomain.net to https://www.theirdomain.com/secured/myusername)
    > The trouble with that is that with dot net I loose the session. I'm trying
    > to take the user's id which is stored in the User.Identity.Name property,
    > encrypt it and put it in the querystring. I want to use the IHttpModule to
    > detect when they are going from a secured page to an unsecured page(which
    > has a different domain but the same application.) How ever when I run the
    > app I get this error:
    >

    > Server Error in '/' Application.

    > ----
    >
    > Configuration Error

    file
    > required to service this request. Please review the specific error details
    > below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
    >
    > Parser Error Message: Could not load type Stools.AuthSecure from assembly
    > Stools.
    >
    > Source Error:
    >

    > Line 94: <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8"

    responseEncoding="utf-8"
    > />
    > Line 95: <httpModules>
    > Line 96: <add name="AuthSecure"
    > Line 97: type="Stools.AuthSecure, Stools" />
    > Line 98: </httpModules>
    >

    > Source File: D:\STools\web.config Line: 96

    > ----
    >
    > Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.510;

    ASP.NET

    Duncan Godwin, Jun 25, 2003