Re: Illegal XML character SAX Parser exception

William Brogden

Manoj S. P. said:
Thanks for the direction, William.
However, the exception gives me a valid line number (461) but an
invalid comiln number (-1) !!!
I will be grateful if you could help me further to resolve this
problem.
Best Regards,
Manoj

I would start by examining the vicinity of the start of line 461 with
a hex editor - there may be a character there that your regular
editor does not show or renders as ?
Personally I use UltraEdit-32 for such tasks.
"William Brogden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
Encryption =---

Manoj S. P.

Thanks once again, William.
I have been able to identify the column having the incorrect data with
the help of the Xerces DOM Parser (initially I was using the one
provided alongwith the j2sdk1.3.0). It accurately gave me the line
number and the column number (461 again!!!).
Temporarily, I have decided to eliminate the data and replaced it with
a null value. However, it hasn't been identified yet. Maybe I will
resort to UltraEdit-32.
I have covered illegal XML charcters like "&",">","<","'".
I hope to cover some more at a later stage.
I am also going to post another titled "Execution time problem with
Insert Query using Prepared Statement".
If possible, please help me with that too :)
Thansk once again for the help.

Best Regards,
Manoj S. Panicker