Re: IllegalArgumentException with Socket API and Proxy with Proxy.Type.

Discussion in 'Java' started by Greg, Aug 10, 2012.

  1. Greg

    Greg Guest

    To: Greg
    From: Greg <>

    On Thursday, July 26, 2012 10:00:23 AM UTC-7, Greg wrote:
    > I am trying to create a socket with the proxy type of HTTP. Every time the

    socket is created an IllegalArgumentException is thrown. I have learned from
    googling that the HTTP proxy is unsupported in sockets. What is the work
    around? Does anyone know? Any help would be much appreciated as there doesn't
    seem to be an answer readily available that I can find.

    > Greg

    The code pretty extensively relies on the sockets interface.

    --- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
    * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
    --- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98
    Greg, Aug 10, 2012

  2. To: Greg
    From: Steven Simpson <>

    On 09/08/12 21:40, Greg wrote:
    > On Thursday, July 26, 2012 10:00:23 AM UTC-7, Greg wrote:
    >> I am trying to create a socket with the proxy type of HTTP. Every time the

    socket is created an IllegalArgumentException is thrown. I have learned from
    googling that the HTTP proxy is unsupported in sockets.
    > The code pretty extensively relies on the sockets interface.

    Can you define 'pretty extensively', i.e. enumerate the methods which are used,
    and in what sequences? If this is sufficiently simple, and you can modify the
    code, some refactoring to use your own abstraction of the socket ought to be
    possible.

    --
    ss at comp dot lancs dot ac dot uk

    Steven Simpson, Aug 17, 2012