Re: IllegalArgumentException with Socket API and Proxy with Proxy.Type.

Discussion in 'Java' started by Steven Simpson, Aug 19, 2012.

  1. To: Greg
    From: "Steven Simpson" <steven.simpson@1:261/38.remove-v8v-this>

    To: Greg
    From: "Steven Simpson" <steven.simpson@1:261/38.remove-7rm-this>

    To: Greg
    From: "Steven Simpson" <steven.simpson@1:261/38.remove-rj6-this>

    To: Greg
    From: "Steven Simpson" <steven.simpson@1:261/38.remove-4g4-this>

    To: Greg
    From: Steven Simpson <>

    On 09/08/12 21:40, Greg wrote:
    > On Thursday, July 26, 2012 10:00:23 AM UTC-7, Greg wrote:
    >> I am trying to create a socket with the proxy type of HTTP. Every time the

    socket is created an IllegalArgumentException is thrown. I have learned from
    googling that the HTTP proxy is unsupported in sockets.
    > The code pretty extensively relies on the sockets interface.

    Can you define 'pretty extensively', i.e. enumerate the methods which are used,
    and in what sequences? If this is sufficiently simple, and you can modify the
    code, some refactoring to use your own abstraction of the socket ought to be
    possible.

    --
    ss at comp dot lancs dot ac dot uk

    -+- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
    + Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
    -+- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98

    Steven Simpson, Aug 19, 2012