Re: Image in HTML form

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jonathan N. Little, Jul 18, 2008.

  1. Frank Pi wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > When putting an image in an HTML form I can't select the field below the image with my mouse and also I can't push the submit button on the form. This is only when using Firefox. In IE (6 and 7 it works).
    >
    > When I disable my CCS then it works.
    >
    > Anyone any solution?
    >
    > Thanks,

    Well Frank, a URL would be a bit useful but I would use my psychic
    powers to view your markup with your eyes...ah yes I see the problem.
    You have the image in an absolutely positioned DIV where the block
    extends over the form controls. The reason it "works" in IE is that IE
    is broken and does not honor z-index of positioned elements over top of
    form controls...

    If you install web developers bar for Firefox and use "Outline Current
    Element..." you will see the overlap.

    Next time, URL please.

    --
    Take care,