Re: Image position and colors: ms explorer and netscape

Discussion in 'HTML' started by rf, Jan 16, 2009.

  1. rf

    rf Guest

    Stefano wrote:
    > I am a newbie in writing pages in html/css.

    No you aren't. You are fiddling with your image composer. There is very
    little actual content on that page, just a few menu items. It's mostly
    invisible to the search engines and aural browsers. Open firefox, install
    firebug and then disable images to see what the search engines see. Almost
    nothing.

    And almost 700KB of images is a bit over the top for what the page is.
    rf, Jan 16, 2009

  2. rf

    rf Guest

    Stefano wrote:
    >> No you aren't. You are fiddling with your image composer. There is
    >> very little actual content on that page, just a few menu items. It's
    >> mostly [...]

    > Thank you for the answer, but it does not solve my problem.

    Ok.

    1) The images are a different colour an each browser I have tried, including
    the mozilla family of browsers.

    2) Such "pixel perfect" differences are to be expected. Your viewer will
    never ever notice a four pixel difference in the positioning of an image.
    FWIW IE7 is the odd one out. IE6 looks just .ike FF as far as I can tell, I
    didn't get out my micrometer to measure the pixels.
    rf, Jan 16, 2009

  3. rf

    rf Guest

    Stefano wrote:
    > Problem of image alignment solved installing IE7 instead of IE6.

    What? You installed IE7 on all your viewers computers? Must have taken a
    while :)
    rf, Jan 16, 2009
  4. rf

    Murray Guest

    On Jan 17, 8:21 pm, "Stefano" <> wrote:
    > >> Problem of image alignment solved installing IE7 instead of IE6.

    > > What? You installed IE7 on all your viewers computers? Must have taken a
    > > while :)

    > ROTFL

    Hi there,
    For that section you're talking about, why not reduce the amount of
    stuff you've got there? I haven't looked very deeply into your reasons
    for this but you have:

    div div table div p img

    and you could probably get away with just

    div img

    ? Does that make sense to you ?
    Murray, Jan 17, 2009