Re: Image Protection

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Garma, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. Garma

    Garma Guest

    > > I am currently looking for a way of protecting images on the web

    In my opinion this is the best way to protect them, though it is not keeping
    the images save. But this is the point: Since it it not possible to protect
    them physical (read the other threads and responses) the best thing you can
    do is letting the viewer know that this is your work. On the one side the
    viewer is not annoyed by stupid scripts or plugins and on the other side you
    are giving them some kind of responsibility, they know that they are acting
    wrong if they steal your images. Since you didn't actually protect them it's
    no fun stealing them and most people will accept that they are copyrighted.

    For me, I have that special "gotcha" feeling when I get an image which is
    "protected". A simple copyright line makes me skip over and look for other
    images I could use.

    I also suggest putting this line under the image, and in the image your sign
    or name.

    Erik
    Garma, Jun 29, 2003

  2. Garma

    philsmithy Guest

    this was brought to you by http://www.htmlblock.co.uk/

    First download this image proection plugin, use it on your server i
    you wish download from

    http://www.htmlblock.co.uk/plugin.zip

    Once you have downloaded and installed that plugin visit this page t
    see how its done, to much to write down.

    Remember if you do not have the plugin install you cant view the image
    great way to stop people stealing your images

    http://www.htmlblock.co.uk/protect.htm

    Thank you

    Philip Smit

    --
    philsmith
    philsmithy's Profile: http://www.highdots.com/forums/member.php?userid=16
    philsmithy, Jun 6, 2005

  3. Garma

    saz Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > this was brought to you by http://www.htmlblock.co.uk/
    >
    > First download this image proection plugin, use it on your server if
    > you wish download from
    >
    > http://www.htmlblock.co.uk/plugin.zip
    >
    > Once you have downloaded and installed that plugin visit this page to
    > see how its done, to much to write down.
    >
    > Remember if you do not have the plugin install you cant view the images
    > great way to stop people stealing your images
    >
    > http://www.htmlblock.co.uk/protect.htm
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Philip Smith
    >

    > --
    > philsmithy
    > philsmithy's Profile: http://www.highdots.com/forums/member.php?userid=167
    > View this thread: http://www.highdots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=581569

    I find it interesting that I was able to easily save images from their
    site.

    So much for that product.
    saz, Jun 6, 2005
  4. philsmithy wrote:

    > First download this image proection plugin

    Not available for my system. Great way to get customers that: force them to
    install an obscure[1] plugin that only works on Windows.

    If I could be bothered to boot up my Windows box and install it I expect I
    could have the image copied in no time at all. However, I can't be
    bothered, not to install it, and not to spend the time imaging the system
    so I could be sure I've removed it again afterwards.

    [1] i.e. untrusted

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Jun 6, 2005
  5. Garma

    Oli Filth Guest

    philsmithy said the following on 06/06/2005 20:38:
    > this was brought to you by http://www.htmlblock.co.uk/
    >
    > First download this image proection plugin, use it on your server if
    > you wish download from
    >
    > http://www.htmlblock.co.uk/plugin.zip

    Oh god, not another site offering this pointless HTML "encryption".
    Anyone with half a brain and a bit of programming experience can get the
    HTML out in about a minute.

    Not to mention that your site becomes completely reliant on Javascript,
    and some fucking pointless plug-in. Great way to attract customers.

    --
    Oli
    Oli Filth, Jun 6, 2005
  6. Garma

    Steve Pugh Guest

    philsmithy wrote:
    > this was brought to you by http://www.htmlblock.co.uk/

    And your connection to htmlblock.co.uk is? Do htmlblock.co.uk know that
    you're spamming their products? And why are you responding to a two
    year old thread?

    > Remember if you do not have the plugin install you cant view the images
    > great way to stop people stealing your images

    No, it's a great way to stop people seeing your images at all. I'm not
    going to install some plugin I've never heard of to view images on site
    X, I'm going to go to site Y instead.

    Steve
    Steve Pugh, Jun 7, 2005