Re: IMAP examples

Discussion in 'Python' started by Will Stuyvesant, Jul 17, 2003.

  1. > > I can't seem to find any decent examples on how to use the
    > > IMAPLIB module. the docs aren't that sophisticated
    > > unfortunately.... the cookbook entry comes close, but i'd
    > > like to know if someone knows some nice examples somewhere.

    > [Tony Meyer]
    > What do you mean by decent?
    >
    > Spambayes (http://spambayes.org) has an IMAP filter, which is an example of
    > using imaplib. Whether it's decent or not, well... ;)

    I think he means by decent examples:

    - concise

    - clear

    - showing general useful usage

    - showing peculiar usage in the case of warts

    Looking into the (not concise) spambayes code for an example how to
    use IMAP is *not* like looking at a decent example. It is more like a
    last resort. Also looking at the Python Cookbook examples doesn't
    help much because they are either not concise or too simplistic or
    etc. Designing decent examples is hard work.

    Will Stuyvesant, Jul 17, 2003