Re: In map iterator is there a difference between (*iter).secondand iter->second?

Discussion in 'C++' started by Gennaro Prota, Aug 21, 2008.

  1. Pete Becker wrote:
    > On 2008-08-19 09:28:59 -0400, puzzlecracker <> said:
    >
    >> I see that a lot of former in the code, and wonder if there is a
    >> technical reason for that

    > A few years ago some compilers had trouble with the second form.

    Out of curiosity, did you mean "libraries" (not defining operator->
    appropriately) or really "compiler" in strict sense?

    --
    Gennaro Prota | name.surname yahoo.com
    Breeze C++ (preview): <https://sourceforge.net/projects/breeze/>

    Gennaro Prota, Aug 21, 2008

  2. Pete Becker wrote:
    >>> A few years ago some compilers had trouble with the second form.

    >> Out of curiosity, did you mean "libraries" (not defining operator->
    >> appropriately) or really "compiler" in strict sense?

    > The former is a consequence of the latter.

    Gulp :) In the sense that the compiler proper wasn't able to resolve
    -> and thus the library didn't overload it? If so, do you remember how
    many years ago that was and with which compilers? (Just curious)

    Thanks,

    Gennaro Prota, Aug 21, 2008