Re: In the matter of Herb Schildt

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by spinoza1111, Dec 22, 2009.

  1. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Nov 7, 12:56 am, Seebs <> wrote:
    > On 2009-11-06, Clive D.W. Feather <> wrote:
    >
    > > [Hmm; I go away for a few days and he's still at it.]

    > You've missed much of the fun.
    >
    > > If you're desperate to find out, do what any decent collegiate academic
    > > would do and research it for yourself. The answer is out there if you look.

    > You know, the more I think about it, the funnier this has the potential
    > to be.
    >
    > Consider: Imagine that he were to research your qualifications. And
    > imagine that he brought the same obsessiveness, accuacy, care, and
    > attention to detail to this task that he brought to his study of C
    > and his writing about various documents critical of Schildt's writings.
    >
    > I really can't see a way this can fail to be comedy gold. I imagine
    > that, even now, he's carefully reviewing some teenager's Harry Potter
    > fan site to see whether perhaps you studied at Hogwarts. Later, he'll
    > reveal that, as the creator of the Daleks, you are a threat to liberty
    > and humanity, and make fun of you about the whole "stairs" thing.

    Your care was on display as a moderator when you allowed a post that
    accidentally involved Seibel. Why is it OK for you to pretend to be a
    newsgroup moderator? You're not competent at the job.

    I believe that you, without adequate educational qualifications, are
    trying to make a career in two ways

    (1) You volunteer for jobs at which you're not competent.

    (2) You destroy careers of competent people.

    For example, you appear to have volunteered to "serve" on the ISO
    standards effort strictly in order to appear to be an expert, in
    preference to returning to graduate school to actually learn comp
    science. Had you done so, you would not have written, in "C: The
    Complete Nonsense" this howler: "the 'heap' is a DOS term".

    You are the Sarah Palin of this newsgroup, because you claim
    competence in roughly the same way she did when she claimed competence
    in foreign policy based on Alaska being next to Russia. You take jobs
    for personal advancement but act in them as irresponsibly as she acted
    when she quit her job as governor to work on her personal advancement,
    and, while governor, ruined the careers of her opponents.

    Herb knew that you need SOME sort of linked list "heap" and SOME sort
    of LIFO data structure to implement a language with recursive
    procedures because he, unlike you, has written a small implementation
    of C and has, unlike you, completed the BS and MSCS in computer
    science. He knows there's no such thing as truly undefined behavior
    unless you are closet programmer in the sense of somebody who
    speculates idly about code and who trashes real programmers.

    spinoza1111, Dec 22, 2009

  2. "spinoza1111" <> wrote in message
    > On Nov 7, 12:56 am, Seebs <> wrote:

    <snip>

    > Your care was on display as a moderator when you allowed a post that
    > accidentally involved Seibel. Why is it OK for you to pretend to be a
    > newsgroup moderator? You're not competent at the job.

    Why did you make the error in the first place?
    It is your responsibility to review and edit your posts prior to sending.

    Dennis

    ..

    Dennis \(Icarus\), Dec 22, 2009

  3. spinoza1111

    Seebs Guest

    On 2009-12-22, Dennis (Icarus) <> wrote:
    > Why did you make the error in the first place?
    > It is your responsibility to review and edit your posts prior to sending.

    And again, I have no idea how I should have guessed that it was an
    error. There is such a person as Peter Siebel, he's an Apress author,
    he was an English major... Even if I thought it WERE my job to determine
    whether people were posting sense, I can't imagine how I was supposed to
    realize that Spinoza had not only the name wrong, but other attributes
    as well, such that by amazing coincidence he used a name which matched the
    other attributes he picked.

    And frankly, really, if I were in the business of rejecting posts for
    containing obvious errors, we'd never have heard of Spinoza.

    FWIW, I don't plan to stop posting his perhaps-maybe-topical rants, but
    I don't expect anyone to refrain from killfiling him. I know I have; he
    was funny briefly and has since ceased to amuse. When I want comparably
    qualified opinions on Schildt's writing, I'll ask my cat.

    -s

    Seebs, Dec 22, 2009
  4. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Dec 23, 7:52 am, Seebs <> wrote:
    > On 2009-12-22, Dennis (Icarus) <> wrote:
    >
    > > Why did you make the error in the first place?
    > > It is your responsibility to review and edit your posts prior to sending.

    > And again, I have no idea how I should have guessed that it was an
    > error.  There is such a person as Peter Siebel, he's an Apress author,
    > he was an English major... Even if I thought it WERE my job to determine
    > whether people were posting sense, I can't imagine how I was supposed to
    > realize that Spinoza had not only the name wrong, but other attributes
    > as well, such that by amazing coincidence he used a name which matched the
    > other attributes he picked.

    It was pretty obvious. The inattention was yours, and I believe you
    took the job as moderator to appear to be more qualified than you
    actually are.

    > And frankly, really, if I were in the business of rejecting posts for
    > containing obvious errors, we'd never have heard of Spinoza.

    Gee, what part of comp.lang.c [unmoderated} don't you understand?

    spinoza1111, Dec 23, 2009
  5. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Dec 23, 6:55 am, "Dennis \(Icarus\)" <>
    wrote:
    > "spinoza1111" <> wrote in message

    > > On Nov 7, 12:56 am, Seebs <> wrote:

    > <snip>
    >
    > > Your care was on display as a moderator when you allowed a post that
    > > accidentally involved Seibel. Why is it OK for you to pretend to be a
    > > newsgroup moderator? You're not competent at the job.

    > Why did you make the error in the first place?
    > It is your responsibility to review and edit your posts prior to sending.

    Oooooohhhh....personal Responsibility. Yes, of course. It's also the
    responsibility of the "moderator" of a "moderated" group to "moderate"
    the "group": cf. comp.risks for an example of proper moderation. Peter
    Neumann, when sent something questionable, has the personal courage
    and maturity to in all cases use email to communicate about posts with
    errors, but Seebach, who took the job as moderator (as far as I can
    tell) to appear to be more qualified than he is, is afraid to do this.

    In real publication, fact checkers and editors catch the inevitable
    confusions and errors that creep in. The poster to a moderated group
    has the right to expect this of the moderator.

    I believe Seebach saw the error and posted the submission anyway as a
    stunt. I could have made the error deliberately to show his
    incompetence as a stunt as well. But such stunts are a waste of time
    and render these groups useless for their intended purpose.

    The matter at hand is whether Seebach and Feather libeled Schildt
    while making the same type of errors they accuse Schildt of making,
    and "the 'heap' is a DOS term" demonstrates this to be the case.

    spinoza1111, Dec 23, 2009
  6. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Dec 23, 7:52 am, Seebs <> wrote:
    > On 2009-12-22, Dennis (Icarus) <> wrote:
    >
    > > Why did you make the error in the first place?
    > > It is your responsibility to review and edit your posts prior to sending.

    > And again, I have no idea how I should have guessed that it was an
    > error.  There is such a person as Peter Siebel, he's an Apress author,
    > he was an English major... Even if I thought it WERE my job to determine
    > whether people were posting sense, I can't imagine how I was supposed to
    > realize that Spinoza had not only the name wrong, but other attributes
    > as well, such that by amazing coincidence he used a name which matched the
    > other attributes he picked.
    >
    > And frankly, really, if I were in the business of rejecting posts for
    > containing obvious errors, we'd never have heard of Spinoza.
    >
    > FWIW, I don't plan to stop posting his perhaps-maybe-topical rants, but
    > I don't expect anyone to refrain from killfiling him.  I know I have; he
    > was funny briefly and has since ceased to amuse.  When I want comparably
    > qualified opinions on Schildt's writing, I'll ask my cat.
    >
    > -s
    > --
    > Copyright 2009, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / ://www.seebs.net/log/<-- lawsuits, religion, and funny pictureshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Game_(Scientology) <-- get educated!
    > --
    > comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address: -- you must
    > have an appropriate newsgroups line in your header for your mail to be seen,
    > or the newsgroup name in square brackets in the subject line.  Sorry.

    Peter, you seem to have very little real-world business experience,
    because if you'd had such experience, you'd have learned to "never
    knock the competition". I think you make Apress look bad with your
    Schildt post, since, as I have said, the post has gone viral and is
    the single source of all rumors about Schildt, because (as I have
    said) Internet users confuse duplicate information with new
    information.

    I know you're not speaking as an Apress author in the Schildt post,
    since you posted it before your publication, but that's how it
    appears.

    As it happened, Schildt wrote a book that for all of its flaws, actual
    C programmers (mostly Microsoft) were able to use to do their jobs.
    Had the book not been useful, the free market would have rejected it.
    It would have had Richard's sales for C Unleashed.

    When I was actively working with Apress (back in 2004), it seemed to
    me that they had a great deal of gracious tolerance of a variety of
    authorial voices. One author thanked his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
    in the preface.

    However, I have learned since that time that because the norm for
    people today is so very dysfunctional, there are some "authorial
    voices" that should be silenced. NOT authors who make "mistakes", real
    or imagined (especially not usenet posters who make mistakes and then
    almost immediately post corrections). No, authors who

    (1) Demonize other writers, allowing a single document to go viral

    (2) Refuse as editors and moderators to get in touch with them to
    clear things up, as in your cases where you refused to work with
    McGraw Hill without being paid a probably unconscionable sum or where
    you "moderate" without using email to fact-check and to edit

    Perhaps had you been an English major like friend Seebach, or just a
    truly cultivated person, you would have realized that there are
    multiple ways of saying things. Herb wasn't saying that "there must be
    a stack at low memory and a heap growing down" any more than the
    teacher of geometry says that the right triangle of which the
    Pythagorean theorem is true must have a certain size. "Authorial
    voice" means that the author phrases things a certain way which
    because of the nature of natural, as opposed to computer language, can
    be misinterpreted.

    Grow up. Learn how to review books with more tolerance. Or just don't.
    Instead, get a real programming job in Asia and learn how real
    programmers make and admit mistakes while tolerating alternate ways.

    spinoza1111, Dec 23, 2009
  7. "spinoza1111" <> wrote in message
    > On Dec 23, 6:55 am, "Dennis \(Icarus\)" <>
    > wrote:
    >> "spinoza1111" <> wrote in message

    >> > On Nov 7, 12:56 am, Seebs <> wrote:

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> > Your care was on display as a moderator when you allowed a post that
    >> > accidentally involved Seibel. Why is it OK for you to pretend to be a
    >> > newsgroup moderator? You're not competent at the job.

    >> Why did you make the error in the first place?
    >> It is your responsibility to review and edit your posts prior to sending.

    > Oooooohhhh....personal Responsibility. Yes, of course.

    That's where you should've stopped.

    > In real publication, fact checkers and editors catch the inevitable
    > confusions and errors that creep in. The poster to a moderated group
    > has the right to expect this of the moderator.

    Not necessarily. You may want to read the comp.lang.c.moerated faq.
    Also, in the books I've read, the author will take responsibility for any
    errors, and not try to blame others.
    It's usually in the acknowledgements/introduction section.

    <snip>

    Dennis

    ..

    Dennis \(Icarus\), Dec 23, 2009
  8. spinoza1111

    Walter Banks Guest

    spinoza1111 wrote:

    > I think you make xxxxxx look bad with your
    > Schildt post, since, as I have said, the post has gone viral and is
    > the single source of all rumors about Schildt, because (as I have
    > said) Internet users confuse duplicate information with new
    > information.

    No one has provided more duplicate information
    on Schildt reviews than you have.

    You have been relentless in making sure that Schildt
    reviews should be read by everyone who reads
    these newsgroups.

    I can only assume you have some reason to promote
    the Schildt reviews

    w..

    Walter Banks, Dec 23, 2009
  9. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Dec 24, 3:16 am, Walter Banks <> wrote:
    > spinoza1111wrote:
    > > I think you make xxxxxx look bad with your
    > > Schildt post, since, as I have said, the post has gone viral and is
    > > the single source of all rumors about Schildt, because (as I have
    > > said) Internet users confuse duplicate information with new
    > > information.

    > No one has provided more duplicate information
    > on Schildt reviews than you have.
    >
    > You have been relentless in making sure that Schildt
    > reviews should be read by everyone who reads
    > these newsgroups.
    >
    > I can only assume you have some reason to promote
    > the Schildt reviews

    There's no such thing as bad publicity. My own book royalties have
    been increasing as people see me flamed.

    If people revisit Schildt's books after realizing how thin the case
    against him actually was, this benefits him.

    Once you publish a computer book, you're in the public eye for good or
    bad.

    spinoza1111, Dec 25, 2009
  10. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Dec 24, 3:15 am, Richard Heathfield <> wrote:
    > In <>,spinoza1111wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > > It's also the
    > > responsibility of the "moderator" of a "moderated" group to
    > > "moderate" the "group": cf. comp.risks for an example of proper
    > > moderation.

    > Seebs: it is only very rarely that I am able to agree with the
    > self-styled , but this does seem to be one such
    > occasion. I have only occasionally dipped into comp.risks, and never
    > posted there as far as I can recall, but a quick Google search gives
    > at least one indicator that the moderator is doing a grand job; it
    > seems that not a single article byspinoza1111has ever been
    > approved. It seems to be a very successful policy.

    You're lying; see for example "The Total Information Awareness program
    is a RISK! (Edward G. Nilges)" in Risks 22.24 at
    http://lists.jammed.com/RISKS/2002/12/0003.html. In that post, I
    critiqued an enormous Homeland Security boondoggle run by thugs like
    you from a technical data base standpoint.

    How does it feel to have your lack of credibility and vicious
    dishonesty so completely exposed?

    Peter Neumann, unlike Seebach, reads submissions and he has contacted
    me with questions. Furthermore, he agreed in 2003 to be interviewed by
    me on his memories of Dijkstra for my book.

    Unfortunately, he is not getting any younger, and the new generation
    of liars, fools and thugs (like you, Peter Seebach, and "quertyuiop"
    at www.lamma.com.HK) are too dishonest, too careless, and too biased
    to moderate "moderated" groups with any moderation or decency.

    Asshole.

    spinoza1111, Dec 25, 2009
  11. "spinoza1111" <> wrote in message
    On Dec 24, 3:16 am, Walter Banks <> wrote:
    > > spinoza1111wrote:
    > > > I think you make xxxxxx look bad with your
    > > > Schildt post, since, as I have said, the post has gone viral and is
    > > > the single source of all rumors about Schildt, because (as I have
    > > > said) Internet users confuse duplicate information with new
    > > > information.

    > > No one has provided more duplicate information
    > > on Schildt reviews than you have.
    > >
    > > You have been relentless in making sure that Schildt
    > > reviews should be read by everyone who reads
    > > these newsgroups.
    > >
    > > I can only assume you have some reason to promote
    > > the Schildt reviews

    > There's no such thing as bad publicity.

    Imagine if a particular aspect of a persons publicity just happened to piss
    off a crazy piece of shi% bastard who then tried to find out where they like
    to party at. IMHO, publicity that attracts weirdo criminals could be bad for
    anybody.

    Chris M. Thomasson, Dec 25, 2009
  12. spinoza1111

    Seebs Guest

    On 2009-12-25, Gordon Burditt <> wrote:
    > Mr. Moderator, I call for a cutoff of this "Herb Schildt" thread,
    > as the primary poster in it has admitted that the motive behind it
    > is COMMERCIAL SPAM:

    >>There's no such thing as bad publicity. My own book royalties have
    >>been increasing as people see me flamed.

    Tempting, but I think I'll let it run. I don't think it qualifies
    as commercial spam, even if it might theoretically be yeilding
    positive results. Also, we have no credible source for the claim
    that book royalties are affected at all by this.

    -s

    Seebs, Dec 25, 2009
  13. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Dec 25, 3:47 pm, (Gordon Burditt) wrote:
    > Mr. Moderator, I call for a cutoff of this "Herb Schildt" thread,
    > as the primary poster in it has admitted that the motive behind it
    > is COMMERCIAL SPAM:
    >
    > >There's no such thing as bad publicity. My own book royalties have
    > >been increasing as people see me flamed.

    That's not my motivation. It's just a happy accident. Trust me: I
    could make money a lot faster than by posting here.

    spinoza1111, Dec 25, 2009
  14. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Dec 25, 7:01 pm, Francis Glassborow
    <> wrote:
    > spinoza1111wrote:
    > > On Dec 24, 3:15 am, Richard Heathfield <> wrote:
    > >> In <>,spinoza1111wrote:

    > >> <snip>

    > >> Seebs: it is only very rarely that I am able to agree with the
    > >> self-styled , but this does seem to be one such
    > >> occasion. I have only occasionally dipped into comp.risks, and never
    > >> posted there as far as I can recall, but a quick Google search gives
    > >> at least one indicator that the moderator is doing a grand job; it
    > >> seems that not a single article byspinoza1111has ever been
    > >> approved. It seems to be a very successful policy.

    > > You're lying; see for example "The Total Information Awareness program
    > > is a RISK! (Edward G. Nilges)" in Risks 22.24 at
    > >http://lists.jammed.com/RISKS/2002/12/0003.html. In that post, I
    > > critiqued an enormous Homeland Security boondoggle run by thugs like
    > > you from a technical data base standpoint.

    > > How does it feel to have your lack of credibility and vicious
    > > dishonesty so completely exposed?

    > > Peter Neumann, unlike Seebach, reads submissions and he has contacted
    > > me with questions. Furthermore, he agreed in 2003 to be interviewed by
    > > me on his memories of Dijkstra for my book.

    > > Unfortunately, he is not getting any younger, and the new generation
    > > of liars, fools and thugs (like you, Peter Seebach, and "quertyuiop"
    > > atwww.lamma.com.HK) are too dishonest, too careless, and too biased
    > > to moderate "moderated" groups with any moderation or decency.

    > > Asshole.

    > And why would one search for the name Edward Nilges when checking for
    > posts byspinoza1111? Apparently to add to all your other deficiencies,
    > you are unable to read plain English.

    I've addressed this matter. It's common knowledge, and it is known to
    Richard based on his long stalking of me on comp.programming and
    comp.lang.c, that spinoza1111 is Edward G. Nilges.

    > A lie is something said with the deliberate intent to deceive. I can see
    > no evidence that Richard has done any such thing. What I do see is
    > evidence that you have mental deficiencies (and sue me, please do, I
    > would really love it in view of the mountain of evidence you have
    > provided here and elsewhere in usenet newsgroups)

    How are my "mental deficiencies" on display, dear Francis? I'd say
    that they are on display in people who expect us not to just go to the
    risks archive to verify a simple fact. I'd say they are on display in
    a "moderator" who allows lies and obvious errors to be posted, and
    who's proud of being ADHD and without education in his field.

    But I understand full well that the usual crap obtains. Indeed,
    precisely as Peter Seebach relies not on doing his homework, but on
    the blind replication of "C: The Complete Nonsense" to harm Schildt
    with malice, your mere blind repetition of your fantasies about me
    will add to a "paper trail" about me that anyone can mine at home in
    his spare time.

    This process, and your participation in it, is as evil as the Stasi of
    East Germany, who employed half the population of East Germany to spy
    on the other half, with the result that using pre-Internet technology,
    anyone could be "brought down" at any time, and everyone lived in
    fear.

    The same sort of fear results here from a similar method of blind
    social control which serves the interests of elites.

    spinoza1111, Dec 25, 2009
  15. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Dec 25, 7:01 pm, Seebs <> wrote:
    > On 2009-12-25, Gordon Burditt <> wrote:
    >
    > > Mr. Moderator, I call for a cutoff of this "Herb Schildt" thread,
    > > as the primary poster in it has admitted that the motive behind it
    > > is COMMERCIAL SPAM:
    > >>There's no such thing as bad publicity. My own book royalties have
    > >>been increasing as people see me flamed.

    > Tempting, but I think I'll let it run.  I don't think it qualifies
    > as commercial spam, even if it might theoretically be yeilding
    > positive results.  Also, we have no credible source for the claim
    > that book royalties are affected at all by this.

    Peter, by writing "tempting, but I think I'll let it run" you show
    that you do elect to make judgements about posts submitted to
    comp.lang.c.moderated, and this will, I believe, be interpreted by an
    attorney to mean that you acted with conscious malice in approving an
    obvious lie from Heathfield, and approving a post that obviously
    confused you with the innocent third party Seibel.

    What this means: your defense that you don't really "moderate", and
    allow all but spam, is a lie. You looked at my posts from the
    standpoint of whether I was promoting my book, and you decided
    (rightly) that they aren't intended to promote the book.

    Therefore, you do profess to be a real moderator and to moderate with
    intent. But in approving a harmful error post and a malicious lie, you
    show mis and malfeasance, misusing your position.

    But after receiving email from you in which you say you threw it away
    unread, I really need to use TS Eliot's words. Moderate this, jerk
    face:

    The Hollow Men

    A penny for the Old Guy

    We are the hollow men
    We are the stuffed men
    Leaning together
    Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!
    Our dried voices, when
    We whisper together
    Are quiet and meaningless
    As wind in dry grass
    Or rats' feet over broken glass
    In our dry cellar

    Shape without form, shade without colour,
    Paralysed force, gesture without motion;

    Those who have crossed
    With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
    Remember us-if at all-not as lost
    Violent souls, but only
    As the hollow men
    The stuffed men

    II
    Eyes I dare not meet in dreams
    In death's dream kingdom
    These do not appear:
    There, the eyes are

    Sunlight on a broken column
    There, is a tree swinging
    And voices are
    In the wind's singing
    More distant and more solemn
    Than a fading star.

    Let me be no nearer
    In death's dream kingdom
    Let me also wear
    Such deliberate disguises
    Rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves
    In a field
    Behaving as the wind behaves
    No nearer-

    Not that final meeting
    In the twilight kingdom

    III
    This is the dead land
    This is cactus land
    Here the stone images
    Are raised, here they receive
    The supplication of a dead man's hand
    Under the twinkle of a fading star.
    Is it like this
    In death's other kingdom
    Walking alone

    At the hour when we are
    Trembling with tenderness
    Lips that would kiss
    Form prayers to broken stone.

    IV
    The eyes are not here
    There are no eyes here
    In this valley of dying stars
    In this hollow valley
    This broken jaw of our lost kingdoms

    In this last of meeting places
    We grope together and avoid speech
    Gathered on this beach of the tumid river

    Sightless, unless
    The eyes reappear
    As the perpetual star
    Multifoliate rose
    Of death's twilight kingdom
    The hope only
    Of empty men

    Here we go round the prickly pear
    Prickly pear prickly pear
    Here we go round the prickly pear
    At five o'clock in the morning.

    Between the idea
    And the reality
    Between the motion
    And the act
    Falls the Shadow
    For Thine is the Kingdom

    Between the conception
    And the creation
    Between the emotion
    And the response
    Falls the shadow
    Life is very long

    Between the desire
    And the spasm
    Between the potency
    And the existence
    Between the essence
    And the descent
    Falls the Shadow
    For Thine is the Kingdom

    For Thine is
    Life is
    For thine is the

    This is the way the world ends
    This is the way the world ends
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper.

    spinoza1111, Dec 25, 2009
  16. spinoza1111

    Chad Guest

    On Dec 25, 5:19 am, spinoza1111 <> wrote:
    > On Dec 25, 7:01 pm, Francis Glassborow
    >

    > <> wrote:
    > > spinoza1111wrote:

    > > > You're lying; see for example "The Total Information Awareness program
    > > > is a RISK! (Edward G. Nilges)" in Risks 22.24 at
    > > >http://lists.jammed.com/RISKS/2002/12/0003.html. In that post, I
    > > > critiqued an enormous Homeland Security boondoggle run by thugs like
    > > > you from a technical data base standpoint.

    > > > How does it feel to have your lack of credibility and vicious
    > > > dishonesty so completely exposed?

    > > > Peter Neumann, unlike Seebach, reads submissions and he has contacted
    > > > me with questions. Furthermore, he agreed in 2003 to be interviewed by
    > > > me on his memories of Dijkstra for my book.

    > > > Unfortunately, he is not getting any younger, and the new generation
    > > > of liars, fools and thugs (like you, Peter Seebach, and "quertyuiop"
    > > > atwww.lamma.com.HK) are too dishonest, too careless, and too biased
    > > > to moderate "moderated" groups with any moderation or decency.

    > > > Asshole.

    > > And why would one search for the name Edward Nilges when checking for
    > > posts byspinoza1111? Apparently to add to all your other deficiencies,
    > > you are unable to read plain English.

    > I've addressed this matter. It's common knowledge, and it is known to
    > Richard based on his long stalking of me on comp.programming and
    > comp.lang.c, that spinoza1111 is Edward G. Nilges.
    >

    > > A lie is something said with the deliberate intent to deceive. I can see
    > > no evidence that Richard has done any such thing. What I do see is
    > > evidence that you have mental deficiencies (and sue me, please do, I
    > > would really love it in view of the mountain of evidence you have
    > > provided here and elsewhere in usenet newsgroups)

    > How are my "mental deficiencies" on display, dear Francis? I'd say
    > that they are on display in people who expect us not to just go to the
    > risks archive to verify a simple fact. I'd say they are on display in
    > a "moderator" who allows lies and obvious errors to be posted, and
    > who's proud of being ADHD and without education in his field.
    >
    > But I understand full well that the usual crap obtains. Indeed,
    > precisely as Peter Seebach relies not on doing his homework, but on
    > the blind replication of "C: The Complete Nonsense" to harm Schildt
    > with malice, your mere blind repetition of your fantasies about me
    > will add to a "paper trail" about me that anyone can mine at home in
    > his spare time.
    >
    > This process, and your participation in it, is as evil as the Stasi of
    > East Germany, who employed half the population of East Germany to spy
    > on the other half, with the result that using pre-Internet technology,
    > anyone could be "brought down" at any time, and everyone lived in
    > fear.

    Someone related to me lived in communist East Germany under his own
    free will. He was an American Citizen that liked East Germany better
    than the United States. He said that no one was denied medical
    attention because they didn't have insurance and the Communist
    Government took the time to listen to his gripes about the system.

    Also, I don't ever recall him telling us that he lived in fear.
    Actually, the part that kind of shocked me was that the East German
    Government would let him just live to go back to the United States
    whenever he wanted. I guess I find this kind of shocking because it
    contradicted what I learned in school about Communism.

    Chad, Dec 26, 2009
  17. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Dec 26, 8:24 am, Chad <> wrote:
    > On Dec 25, 5:19 am,spinoza1111<> wrote:
    >

    > > On Dec 25, 7:01 pm, Francis Glassborow

    > > <> wrote:

    > > > And why would one search for the name Edward Nilges when checking for
    > > > posts byspinoza1111? Apparently to add to all your other deficiencies,
    > > > you are unable to read plain English.

    > > I've addressed this matter. It's common knowledge, and it is known to
    > > Richard based on his long stalking of me on comp.programming and
    > > comp.lang.c, thatspinoza1111is Edward G. Nilges.

    > > > A lie is something said with the deliberate intent to deceive. I can see
    > > > no evidence that Richard has done any such thing. What I do see is
    > > > evidence that you have mental deficiencies (and sue me, please do, I
    > > > would really love it in view of the mountain of evidence you have
    > > > provided here and elsewhere in usenet newsgroups)

    > > How are my "mental deficiencies" on display, dear Francis? I'd say
    > > that they are on display in people who expect us not to just go to the
    > > risks archive to verify a simple fact. I'd say they are on display in
    > > a "moderator" who allows lies and obvious errors to be posted, and
    > > who's proud of being ADHD and without education in his field.

    > > But I understand full well that the usual crap obtains. Indeed,
    > > precisely as Peter Seebach relies not on doing his homework, but on
    > > the blind replication of "C: The Complete Nonsense" to harm Schildt
    > > with malice, your mere blind repetition of your fantasies about me
    > > will add to a "paper trail" about me that anyone can mine at home in
    > > his spare time.

    > > This process, and your participation in it, is as evil as the Stasi of
    > > East Germany, who employed half the population of East Germany to spy
    > > on the other half, with the result that using pre-Internet technology,
    > > anyone could be "brought down" at any time, and everyone lived in
    > > fear.

    > Someone related to me lived in communist East Germany under his own
    > free will. He was an American Citizen that liked East Germany better
    > than the United States. He said that no one was denied medical
    > attention because they didn't have insurance and the Communist
    > Government took the time to listen to his gripes about the system.
    >
    > Also, I don't ever recall him telling us that he lived in fear.
    > Actually, the part that kind of shocked me was that the East German
    > Government would let him just live to go back to the United States
    > whenever he wanted. I guess I find this kind of shocking because it
    > contradicted what I learned in school about Communism.

    Interesting, and corresponds to what I've heard. We had some Russians
    working at Bell Northern Research in the 1980s and they liked their
    society. Their favorite movie was Moscow Does Not Believe in Tears.

    Watch Goodbye, Lenin, a film.

    Post Communism, a few people (most of them high-ranking members of the
    Communist party) got rich by privatizing social goods. The others had
    to leave school to work at McDonald's or starve on newly insufficient
    pensions.

    The capitalist system of the US and UK has produced, here, half
    educated people who can't write and, worse, think that people who use
    complex syntax to be 'tards who talk like a fag and whose shit is all
    fucked up.

    spinoza1111, Dec 26, 2009
  18. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Dec 26, 9:35 am, Joe Wright <> wrote:
    > Chad wrote:
    > > On Dec 25, 5:19 am,spinoza1111<> wrote:

    > [ snip ]
    > >> This process, and your participation in it, is as evil as the Stasi of
    > >> East Germany, who employed half the population of East Germany to spy
    > >> on the other half, with the result that using pre-Internet technology,
    > >> anyone could be "brought down" at any time, and everyone lived in
    > >> fear.

    > > Someone related to me lived in communist East Germany under his own
    > > free will. He was an American Citizen that liked East Germany better
    > > than the United States. He said that no one was denied medical
    > > attention because they didn't have insurance and the Communist
    > > Government took the time to listen to his gripes about the system.

    > > Also, I don't ever recall him telling us that he lived in fear.
    > > Actually, the part that kind of shocked me was that the East German
    > > Government would let him just live to go back to the United States
    > > whenever he wanted. I guess I find this kind of shocking because it
    > > contradicted what I learned in school about Communism.

    > Any American who would prefer to live in East Germany has a screw loose. If
    > he didn't live in fear he just didn't understand the situation. The Berlin
    > Wall was not to keep the West out of Paradise. The machine gun towers along
    > the wall were not for show. They were there to shoot East germans in the
    > back as they tried to escape to the West.

    Many Americans want a wall, in the USA, to keep people out and are
    cool with shooting illegal immigrants. People wanted to emigrate from
    the Eastern Bloc not so much because it was "bad", it was a society in
    which people could get free education and medical care, but because of
    the old human instinct that believes that the grass is always greener
    on the other side.

    spinoza1111, Dec 26, 2009
  19. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Dec 26, 5:24 am, Erik Max Francis <> wrote:
    > Seebs wrote:
    > > On 2009-12-25, Gordon Burditt <> wrote:
    > >> Mr. Moderator, I call for a cutoff of this "Herb Schildt" thread,
    > >> as the primary poster in it has admitted that the motive behind it
    > >> is COMMERCIAL SPAM:

    > > Tempting, but I think I'll let it run.  I don't think it qualifies
    > > as commercial spam, even if it might theoretically be yeilding
    > > positive results.  Also, we have no credible source for the claim
    > > that book royalties are affected at all by this.

    > I have a strong suspicion that, were Schildt aware of it, he would _not_
    > appreciate his "defender" here.  This is not helping anyone at all,
    > least of all him.

    I know, by ways I am not free to disclose, that Schildt approves. You
    replicate the fissionary and anti-solidarity corporation where
    unapproved bottom up coalitions are a threat. The pity of it being
    that we don't have to make these newsgroups a simulated or virtual
    version of a nasty little business office, but you do.

    spinoza1111, Dec 26, 2009
  20. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Dec 26, 3:47 pm, Erik Max Francis <> wrote:
    > spinoza1111wrote:
    > >> I have a strong suspicion that, were Schildt aware of it, he would _not_
    > >> appreciate his "defender" here.  This is not helping anyone at all,
    > >> least of all him.

    > > I know, by ways I am not free to disclose, that Schildt approves.

    > Sure he does.  Get the confirmation via telepathy, did you?
    >
    > > You
    > > replicate the fissionary and anti-solidarity corporation where
    > > unapproved bottom up coalitions are a threat. The pity of it being
    > > that we don't have to make these newsgroups a simulated or virtual
    > > version of a nasty little business office, but you do.

    > Congratulations for stringing big words together in a way that means
    > nothing, and has nothing to do with anything remotely related to
    > anything I said.

    Congratulations on negative reading comprehension and insufficient
    vocabulary:

    You reproduce the way in which the corporation (in which individuals
    are encouraged to compete and for this reason are split apart and
    discouraged from working together in a common interest) where
    associations not approved are a threat. It's a fucking shame that you
    come home, log on, and reproduce the nasty office politics of work.

    I hope this helps.

    spinoza1111, Dec 26, 2009