Re: Including C Header in a namespace

Discussion in 'C++' started by tan, May 28, 2010.

  1. tan

    tan Guest

    In article <htndft$n7j$>, Victor Bazarov <> wrote:
    >On 5/27/2010 5:15 PM, Christian Hackl wrote:
    >> Victor Bazarov ha scritto:

    >>> I don't know if you oversee something. Are you a manager? Or did you
    >>> mean "overlook"?

    >> This in fact a common error for us German native language speakers,
    >> because in German "to overlook" means "übersehen", which sounds very
    >> similar to "oversee" and would be the logical direct translation (if
    >> languages were logical).

    >Interesting. In Russian, it's actually like in English, проÑмотреть
    > -
    >to miss (overlook), although a different prefix is used (про- with a
    >verb has the meaning of rather "spend time doing") with the root 'Ñмотр'
    >- look. Where is 'провидеть' (although there isn't a verb in modern
    >Russian) probably had a similar connotation as 'провизиÑ' and
    >'провидение', which have something to do with seeing (or preparing
    > for)
    >the future. The analog of 'oversee' in Russian would likely be
    >'надзирать', which basically consists of the prefix 'над-' (over)
    > and
    >the root 'зреть' (slightly morphed) - to see (one of the meanings,
    >anyway). :)

    Do not post Russian character sets on usenet.
    It won't be readable most likely.

    >But we've digressed...

    What IS?

    http://oshosearch.net/Convert/search.php

    Most Osho books on line:

    http://oshosearch.net
    tan, May 28, 2010

  2. (tan) writes:

    > Do not post Russian character sets on usenet.
    > It won't be readable most likely.

    It's readable in my newsreader. Time to upgrade, perhaps?

    Regards

    Paul Bibbings
    Paul Bibbings, May 28, 2010

  3. tan

    Default User Guest

    "tan" <> wrote in message

    > Do not post Russian character sets on usenet.
    > It won't be readable most likely.

    His post correctly added charset=UTF-8. Most modern newsreaders will be able
    to handle that. Even this dog of an Outlook Express managed it.

    Brian
    Default User, May 28, 2010