Re: 'indent'ing Python in windows bat

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dave Angel, Sep 18, 2012.

  1. Dave Angel

    Dave Angel Guest

    On 09/17/2012 09:08 PM, David Smith wrote:
    > Hello, I'm essentially a newbie in Python.
    > My problem in searching the archives is not knowing what words to use
    > to ask.
    >
    > I'm converting windows bat files little by little to Python 3 as I
    > find time and learn Python.
    > The most efficient method for some lines is to call Python like:
    > python -c "import sys; sys.exit(3)"
    >
    > How do I "indent" if I have something like:
    > if (sR=='Cope'): sys.exit(1) elif (sR=='Perform') sys.exit(2) else
    > sys.exit(3)
    >
    > My sole result in many attempts is "Syntax Error."
    >
    > Thank you for any help.

    I don't understand your actual problem. Python is much more expressive
    than batch, so why not actually convert it?

    Write a file with an extension of .py, and run it the same way you'd run
    a batch file. This assumes you have Python 3 associated with the .py
    extension.

    Now it won't matter if the python code has one line, or 100.

    --

    DaveA

    Dave Angel, Sep 18, 2012