Re: 'indent'ing Python in windows bat

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jason Friedman, Sep 19, 2012.

  1. > I'm converting windows bat files little by little to Python 3 as I find time
    > and learn Python.
    > The most efficient method for some lines is to call Python like:
    > python -c "import sys; sys.exit(3)"
    >
    > How do I "indent" if I have something like:
    > if (sR=='Cope'): sys.exit(1) elif (sR=='Perform') sys.exit(2) else
    > sys.exit(3)

    Some months ago I posted what I think is a similar question in the
    Unix world: I wanted to call a small portion of Python from within a
    Bash script.

    Someone on this list answered (for Bash):

    #!/bin/bash
    command1
    command2
    python -c "if True:
    import module
    if condition:
    do_this
    else:
    do_that
    "
    command4
    # end code

    Perhaps something similar would work for a .bat file.

    Jason Friedman, Sep 19, 2012