Re: Inheritance with webpages

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jo Inferis, May 12, 2004.

  1. Jo Inferis

    Jo Inferis Guest

    Geir Sanne wrote:
    > im trying to make a set of pages that has a banner on top and a left
    > menu in all pages.

    Ah, the old global template issue. Dead easy to do in classic ASP, but a
    serious pain in the ass with ASP.NET...so far.

    Master pages should solve the problem, but they're not out yet, so I'd
    suggest looking at :

    http://www.devx.com/dotnet/Article/18011?trk=DXRSS_DOTNET

    Basically this describes a templating solution which roughly parallels
    Master pages but you can implement now with the current release. Best of
    all, it keeps your design and code separate (which the other solutions
    mentioned in this thread fail to do).

    I've found it a fairly good solution so far. There may be some problems with
    contained LinkButtons, but I have a feeling that is something to do with the
    current implementation of ASP.NET, and not this solution.

    --
    Jo Inferis

    Jo Inferis, May 12, 2004