Re: Insane Problem

Discussion in 'Python' started by Carsten Haese, Dec 3, 2009.

  1. Victor Subervi wrote:
    > I believe I mentioned in my first post that the "print test" does print
    > the exact fields being called from the referring page.

    Was any part of "What do the print statements actually print? Please
    copy and paste their output." unclear to you in any way?

    > Perhaps this
    > is a bug in the cgi interface?

    Unlikely.

    It's much more likely that whatever frankencode you stitched together
    from examples you found on the internet without understanding how they
    work is doing something unexpected, and you are unable to diagnose the
    problem because you don't understand how your code works.

    In order to help you diagnose the problem, we need to see the *exact*
    code you're running, we need to see the *exact* inputs going into it,
    and we need to see the *exact* output coming out of it.

    --
    Carsten Haese
    http://informixdb.sourceforge.net
    Carsten Haese, Dec 3, 2009

  2. On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 10:13:14 -0500, Carsten Haese wrote:

    > Victor Subervi wrote:
    >> I believe I mentioned in my first post that the "print test" does print
    >> the exact fields being called from the referring page.

    > Was any part of "What do the print statements actually print? Please
    > copy and paste their output." unclear to you in any way?
    >
    >> Perhaps this
    >> is a bug in the cgi interface?

    > Unlikely.
    >
    > It's much more likely that whatever frankencode you stitched together
    > from examples you found on the internet without understanding how they
    > work is doing something unexpected, and you are unable to diagnose the
    > problem because you don't understand how your code works.

    Oh come on, how likely is that??? It's much more likely that the original
    poster has discovered a bug in the standard library that thousands of
    users before him never noticed!

    *wink*

    --
    Steven
    Steven D'Aprano, Dec 4, 2009

  3. Carsten Haese

    Terry Reedy Guest

    Victor Subervi wrote:
    > I'm not rude

    To me, asking for help without providing sufficient information,
    especially when requested, is a form of rudeness.

    > Think about that and don't be rude.

    Exactly.

    Terry Jan Reedy
    Terry Reedy, Dec 4, 2009
  4. Carsten Haese

    Lie Ryan Guest

    On 12/5/2009 8:27 AM, Terry Reedy wrote:
    > Victor Subervi wrote:
    >> I'm not rude

    > To me, asking for help without providing sufficient information,
    > especially when requested, is a form of rudeness.
    >
    >> Think about that and don't be rude.

    Why does this sounds familiar?
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/21e80ac383745d88
    Lie Ryan, Dec 4, 2009