Re: Instant messaging

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Michal A. Valasek, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    | Has anyone built a web-based instant messaging system - or bought one?
    | Looking for anyone who has implemented/purchased one already for
    | advice/pointers/ any suggestions?

    today I think the best solution would be use MSN messenger, resp. Exchange
    messaging. Of course, it's possible to write that application on your own. I
    wrote one application, years ago, before the .NET. But I'm afraid that it
    would be unusable for you, because is completely in Czech language.

    If you want solution accessed by web browser, it's really simple. If you
    want real instant messaging, then I recommend to create one backend server,
    which would communicate via web service interface with clients (winforms).
    Complexivity of that application may vary, basic solution is one-night-work.

    --
    Michal A. Valasek, Altair Communications, http://www.altaircom.net
    Please do not reply to this e-mail, for contact see http://www.rider.cz
    Michal A. Valasek, Jul 25, 2003