Re: integrating python with owl

Discussion in 'Python' started by Robert Bossy, Feb 25, 2008.

  1. Robert Bossy

    Robert Bossy Guest

    Noorhan Abbas wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I have developed an ontology using protege owl and I wonder if you
    > can help me get any documentation on how to integrate it with python.

    Hi,

    It depends on what you mean by integrating.

    If you mean reading OWL files generated by Protégé, there are some
    Python libraries out there though I never tested any:
    http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/2004/02swap/OWLLogic/owllogic.html
    http://seth-scripting.sourceforge.net/

    I must warn you, the OWL written by Protégé isn't quite straightforward
    to parse. Anyway RDFLib seems to be the canonical library for parsing
    and processing RDF/RDFS.

    If your goal is to develop plugins in Python. Well... I expect that any
    solution is based on Jython. A quick googling gave me JOT which is more
    like a scripting console for Protégé:
    http://protege.cim3.net/file/work/files/ProtegeScriptConsole/jot-tutorial/

    Cheers,
    RB