Re: Interest in seeing sh.py in the stdlib

Discussion in 'Python' started by Alex Clark, Oct 21, 2012.

  1. Alex Clark

    Alex Clark Guest

    On 2012-10-21 16:59:16 +0000, Dennis Lee Bieber said:

    > On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 07:41:52 -0600, Jason Friedman <>
    >

    >> Pretty slick. My only concern is portability, are there other
    >> examples of modules (excepting Win32) that work on some platforms and
    >> not others?

    > Just scan the library reference and you'll find a number of
    > modules/functions that, even if available on all OS, behave slightly
    > differently (look up mmap, for example; or readline)

    I was just getting used to it as PBS :) Other than really liking your
    lib… I'm not convinced it would be a good candidate for the stdlib,
    yet. E.g. Not every good lib belongs in the stdlib. That said, if sh.py
    continues to gain popularity (akin to e.g. requests) I suspect the
    "right people" (core developers?) will see it. I'm also curious how
    that happens, would a PEP be a good place to propose inclusion in the
    stdlib?

    --
    Alex Clark · https://www.gittip.com/aclark4life/
    Alex Clark, Oct 21, 2012