Re: InternalFrame "toolbar"

Discussion in 'Java' started by Sandip Chitale, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. Try searching for posts on comp.lang.java.gui on goolge groups with
    "Floating JToolBar". You will find numerous complaints and inaction by
    Sun on this for a long time. The problems stem from buggy implementation of
    Swing's JToolBar (relying on BorderLayout of the content pane of the main
    frame and adding to JFrame instead of non-modal JDialog when floated).
    Sun's Java look and feel guidelines even came up with a fancy concept of
    Utility window to accomodate that buggy implementation.

    http://java.sun.com/products/jlf/ed2/book/HIG.Windows2.html#997014

    This is really frustrating :(

    You will have to disable the Swing supplied floating behavior
    by calling toolbar.setFLoatable(false) and the registering a
    MouseMotionListener and manage floating into an internal frame
    and docking yourselves.

    sandip

    Sandip Chitale, Jul 22, 2003