RE: interpreter Py_Initialize/Py_Finalize mem leak?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Roman Suzi, Jan 10, 2005.

  1. Roman Suzi

    Roman Suzi Guest

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy) wrote:

    >Roman Suzi wrote:
    >
    >> In pure curiosity I tried to compile loop.c from Demo/embed
    >> and started it with 'print 2+2'. It seems, that both 2.3 and 2.4
    >> pythons have memory leaks in Py_Initialize/Py_Finalize calls.
    >> (That is, interpreter doesn't clean up well after itself).

    >What's your evidence for this (i.e. what are the symptoms)?

    - memory usage grows over time.

    >If you have a repeatable test case, please raise a bug report on
    >SourceForge.

    I tested only under Linux. And it is 100% repeatable.

    >Tim Delaney

    Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
    --
    =\= My AI powered by GNU/Linux RedHat 7.3
    Roman Suzi, Jan 10, 2005