Re: Invalid syntax

Discussion in 'Python' started by Demian Brecht, Nov 7, 2012.

  1. On 2012-11-07, at 3:17 PM, Smaran Harihar <> wrote:
    > Any idea where am I going wrong?

    Looks like you're missing a closing parenthesis:

    w.record(collection[0], MAT[0], TSD[0], AnnTMin[0], ANNPREC[0], float(collection[2]), float(collection[1])

    should be

    w.record(collection[0], MAT[0], TSD[0], AnnTMin[0], ANNPREC[0], float(collection[2]), float(collection[1]))

    Demian Brecht
    @demianbrecht
    http://demianbrecht.github.com

    Demian Brecht, Nov 7, 2012

  2. Demian Brecht

    Roy Smith Guest

    In article <>,
    Demian Brecht <> wrote:

    > On 2012-11-07, at 3:17 PM, Smaran Harihar <> wrote:
    > > Any idea where am I going wrong?

    > Looks like you're missing a closing parenthesis:

    What I find is useful in situations like this is to just let emacs
    auto-indent the code. When it starts indenting (or coloring)
    differently than I would have expected, that's a clue that I've messed
    up some punctuation somewhere.

    This doesn't only work in emacs. Vim, eclipse, etc, all have similar
    syntax-coloring and auto-indenting features. The same idea works with
    any of them.

    Roy Smith, Nov 7, 2012