Re: Invisible JPanel within parent JFrame

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 30 Jul 2003 14:25:41 -0700, (Rom) wrote or quoted
    :

    >Here are some of the things I've tried:

    Don't add the Panel. Just have a reference to it. Then it CAN'T have
    a visual effect.

    If you really must add it, set its min, max, preferred size to 0. If
    it is still visible, use a different layout manager that lets you fine
    tune the whitespace around this point-sized panel, e.g. GridBagLayout.

    I presume at some point you do make this thing visible inside
    something. If not, perhaps some other flavour of collection would be
    more suitable.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Jul 30, 2003