Re: Is it possiable

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Raghuram, Aug 22, 2005.

  1. Raghuram

    Raghuram Guest

    Hi, this is not the matter of Money or any, i just want to know the
    concepts. . .
    i know its very very easy to create a project and complete the project but
    one thing i want to create a web project with out the tool and create it
    with the NOTEPAD

    Raghuram, Aug 22, 2005

  2. You want to create a web project, or web pages and assemblies ?

    If it's a web project that you want to create, like the
    web projects which VS.NET uses, I don't think it's possible.

    If you want to create web pages and source code which you
    can compile to assemblies which you can call from your web pages,
    then, yes, it's a pretty much straightforward thing to do.

    vbc /t:library /out:..\bin\your.dll yourVBsource.vb /r:system.dll /r:system.data.dll

    will compile yourVBsource.vb to your.dll, which the batch file places in the
    /bin directory, and from where you can call its classes, methods and properties
    in your ASPX files with a statement like :

    <%@ Import Namespace="YourNameSpace" %>

    Now, you can call your classes, functions and properties in the ASPX file.

    See tutorial articles on assemblies and command-line compilation at :
    http://authors.aspalliance.com/hrmalik/articles/2002/200204/20020401.aspx
    http://authors.aspalliance.com/hrmalik/articles/2002/200202/20020201.aspx
    http://authors.aspalliance.com/hrmalik/articles/2002/200203/20020301.aspx
    http://authors.aspalliance.com/hrmalik/articles/2002/200205/20020501.aspx (includes
    source )
    http://authors.aspalliance.com/hrmalik/articles/2002/200211/20021101.aspx

    Optional : install assemblies to GAC
    http://authors.aspalliance.com/hrmalik/articles/2003/200301/20030101.aspx

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://asp.net.do/foros/
    Foros de ASP.NET en Español
    Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
    ======================

    Juan T. Llibre, Aug 22, 2005

  3. Raghuram

    Guest

    > this is not the matter of Money or any, i just want to know
    > the concepts. . .

    I agree that you should at least try to coding everything by
    hand. When learning a new language doing it by hand may seem
    difficult at frist, but in the long run you learn more and in
    the end you will become a better programmer.

    More importantly you also don't develop any dependencies for
    any one particular development tool.

    > i know its very very easy to create a project and complete the
    > project but one thing i want to create a web project with out
    > the tool and create it with the NOTEPAD

    But I don't think it is such a good idea to use Notepad for
    your development. There are so many programming related things
    that Notepad just can not do. For example things like:

    Auto indent
    Line numbers
    Syntax highlighting
    Decent cut/copy/paste
    Decent search and replace (ie regular expressions)
    Multiple open files
    Split windows
    Running tools and capturing output
    etc etc

    There are many editors/IDE's that provide these basic
    programming features yet still let you code you project
    by hand. If you are not using such an editor you are just
    making life overly difficult.

    At a minimum I would recommend using something like SciTE:

    http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html

    Or for something more powerful take a look at the Zeus
    programmers's editor:

    http://www.zeusedit.com/features.html

    but definitely don't use notepad.

    Note: Zeus is shareware (45 free trial).

    Jussi Jumppanen
    Author: Zeus for Windows

    , Sep 5, 2005