Re: Is PEP-8 a Code or More of a Guideline?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Hendrik van Rooyen, May 30, 2007.

  1. "Maric Michaud" <> wrote:

    >Is typist ok ? It's the google's translation for "dactylo".

    Typist is fine, although MCP that I am, I tend to think of
    typist as female...

    I would call a male one a "typer", but I dont think it is correct English.

    - Hendrik
    Hendrik van Rooyen, May 30, 2007

  2. Hendrik van Rooyen

    projecktzero Guest

    On May 30, 12:36 am, "Hendrik van Rooyen" <>
    wrote:
    > "Maric Michaud" <> wrote:
    >
    > Typist is fine, although MCP that I am, I tend to think of
    > typist as female...

    > - Hendrik

    What does being a Microsoft Certified Professional(MCP) have to do
    with thinking of a typist as female? =)
    projecktzero, May 30, 2007

  3. On Wed, 30 May 2007 08:36:56 +0200, "Hendrik van Rooyen"

    > Typist is fine, although MCP that I am, I tend to think of
    > typist as female...
    >
    > I would call a male one a "typer", but I dont think it is correct English.

    As long as it doesn't turn into "keypunch operator" <G>
    --
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG

    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/
    (Bestiaria Support Staff: )
    HTTP://www.bestiaria.com/
    Dennis Lee Bieber, May 30, 2007
  4. "projecktzero" <> wrote:

    > On May 30, 12:36 am, "Hendrik van Rooyen" <>
    > wrote:
    > > "Maric Michaud" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > Typist is fine, although MCP that I am, I tend to think of
    > > typist as female...

    > > - Hendrik

    > What does being a Microsoft Certified Professional(MCP) have to do
    > with thinking of a typist as female? =)

    Yikes! - Male Chauvinist Pig...

    ;-)

    - Hendrik