Re: Is the average IQ of C programmers less than that of C++ programmers?

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by bert, Mar 29, 2011.

  1. bert

    bert Guest

    On Tuesday, March 29, 2011 5:19:46 AM UTC+1, MikeP wrote:
    > I have a feeling that their EQ will show to be significantly lower. Feel
    > free to post your IQs and EQs!

    That would make C a better language for commercial purposes,
    wouldn't it? When I worked as a programmer, the management
    attitude was that they didn't want clever code; they wanted
    code that other staff could maintain and develop as easily
    as its author, especially after he had gone. On that basis,
    the lowest-IQ language would be the best of all!

    bert, Mar 29, 2011

  2. On Mar 29, 10:58 am, bert <> wrote:
    > On Tuesday, March 29, 2011 5:19:46 AM UTC+1, MikeP wrote:
    > > I have a feeling that their EQ will show to be significantly lower. Feel
    > > free to post your IQs and EQs!

    > That would make C a better language for commercial purposes,
    > wouldn't it?  When I worked as a programmer, the management
    > attitude was that they didn't want clever code; they wanted
    > code that other staff could maintain and develop as easily
    > as its author, especially after he had gone.  On that basis,
    > the lowest-IQ language would be the best of all!
    > --

    curious, how do you measure the IQ of a language?

    by your measure everything (including your anti-lock brakes) should be
    programmed in Dartmouth BASIC

    Nick Keighley, Apr 6, 2011