Re: Is there a quick & accurate way to test a python install?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gene Heskett, Dec 16, 2012.

  1. Gene Heskett

    Gene Heskett Guest

    On Saturday 15 December 2012 21:19:37 Terry Reedy did opine:

    > On 12/15/2012 8:38 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
    >
    > see
    > 26.11.2.

    I'm not a python guru, Terry, so you will have to expand on this 26.11.2.

    Thanks

    > Running tests using the command-line interface
    > for your version. Note that there are a few errors all the time, at
    > least when testing a user installation on windows, and you will have to
    > hit return a few times to go past some tests meant to raise errors.

    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
    For gin, in cruel
    Sober truth,
    Supplies the fuel
    For flaming youth.
    -- Noel Coward
    I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
    harder and harder to find any...
    Gene Heskett, Dec 16, 2012