Re: Is there a quick & accurate way to test a python install?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Terry Reedy, Dec 16, 2012.

  1. Terry Reedy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 12/15/2012 9:21 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
    > On Saturday 15 December 2012 21:19:37 Terry Reedy did opine:
    >
    >> On 12/15/2012 8:38 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
    >>
    >> see
    >> 26.11.2.

    > I'm not a python guru, Terry, so you will have to expand on this 26.11.2.

    http://docs.python.org/3/library/test.html#running-tests-using-the-command-line-interface

    3.x on command line: python -m test
    "Under the hood, it uses test.regrtest; the call python -m test.regrtest
    used in previous Python versions [ie, 2.x] still works)."

    Followed by more options and os specifics. It is also possible to run
    interactively. 'import test; test.main()' may do it, but it have been
    awhile and is not documented.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy

    Terry Reedy, Dec 16, 2012