Re: Is there a quick & accurate way to test a python install?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gene Heskett, Dec 16, 2012.

  1. Gene Heskett

    Gene Heskett Guest

    On Saturday 15 December 2012 22:07:54 Terry Reedy did opine:

    > On 12/15/2012 9:21 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
    > > On Saturday 15 December 2012 21:19:37 Terry Reedy did opine:
    > >> On 12/15/2012 8:38 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
    > >>
    > >> see
    > >> 26.11.2.

    > > I'm not a python guru, Terry, so you will have to expand on this
    > > 26.11.2.

    > http://docs.python.org/3/library/test.html#running-tests-using-the-comma
    > nd-line-interface
    >
    > 3.x on command line: python -m test
    > "Under the hood, it uses test.regrtest; the call python -m test.regrtest
    > used in previous Python versions [ie, 2.x] still works)."
    >
    > Followed by more options and os specifics. It is also possible to run
    > interactively. 'import test; test.main()' may do it, but it have been
    > awhile and is not documented.

    Ok, from that docs page:

    root@coyote:/usr/lib/python2.6/test# python -m test -h
    /usr/bin/python: test is a package and cannot be directly executed

    Same return on all 3 machines. ??

    Thanks Terry.

    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
    I prefer the most unjust peace to the most righteous war.
    -- Cicero

    Even peace may be purchased at too high a price.
    -- Poor Richard
    I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
    harder and harder to find any...

    Gene Heskett, Dec 16, 2012