Re: Is there a quick & accurate way to test a python install?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Terry Reedy, Dec 16, 2012.

  1. Terry Reedy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 12/15/2012 9:59 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

    > This is 2.6, on ubuntu-10.04.4 LTS

    > gene@lathe:/usr/lib/python2.6/test$ python -m test.regrtest

    That should be the right incantation for 2.6.

    > test_grammar
    > test_grammar skipped -- No module named test_grammar
    > test_opcodes
    > test_opcodes skipped -- No module named test_opcodes
    > test_dict
    > test_dict skipped -- No module named test_dict
    > test_builtin

    You appear to have some of /Lib/test/ present, including
    Lib/test/regrtest.py, but not move of the test_xxx.py files. I do not
    know what is normal for an Ubuntu distribution. On Windows, I believe it
    is all or nothing.

    > ImportError: cannot import name test_timeout

    I have no idea why this one gave an exception rather than a skip.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy
    Terry Reedy, Dec 16, 2012