Re: Is there a quick & accurate way to test a python install?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Terry Reedy, Dec 16, 2012.

  1. Terry Reedy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 12/16/2012 6:22 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
    > On Sunday 16 December 2012 01:33:35 Terry Reedy did opine:

    >> You appear to have some of /Lib/test/ present, including
    >> Lib/test/regrtest.py, but not move of the test_xxx.py files. I do not
    >> know what is normal for an Ubuntu distribution. On Windows, I believe it
    >> is all or nothing.

    > /usr/lib/test?

    No. I am on Windows and by /Lib I mean the directory containing
    Python-coded stdlib modules. It is on sys.path. For me, the path entry
    is 'C:\\Programs\\Python33\\lib'. (Windows paths are case indifferent
    for matching.) /test is one of several package subdirectories in /Lib.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy
    Terry Reedy, Dec 16, 2012