RE: Is there a way to programmatically turn on remote registry?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Prasad, Ramit, Oct 19, 2012.

  1. Kevin Holleran wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have written a script to poll some registry values but remote registry is turned off through GPO on the
    > network I need to run it against.  The account running the script is an admin on these boxes.  Is there a way
    > for me to turnon remote registry for the duration of the script's runtime?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Kevin

    No personal experience but the web says you need to enable the remote
    registry service[1]. You can start and stop services in Python using
    win32serviceutil[2].

    [1] http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754820.aspx
    [2] http://fuzzytolerance.info/using-python-to-manage-windows-services/

    Ramit Prasad