Re: Is there a way to programmatically turn on remote registry?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dennis Lee Bieber, Oct 20, 2012.

  1. On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 17:19:56 -0400, Kevin Holleran <>

    > Thanks! I think this is getting me on the right track. Now when I attempt
    > to start the RemoteRegistry service I am getting an exception "The RPC
    > server is unavailable." However, I am done with this for today so back at
    > it on Monday.

    Apparently you are under a VERY locked down network...

    RPC is another service you may have to start -- problem: you can't
    start it from a remote connection as the remote connection needs to use
    RPC <G>. It may be faster to just telnet to each machine, logging in as
    admin, and then piping the shell commands to do the changes to the
    telnet session...
    --
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/