Re: Is there a way to programmatically turn on remote registry?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tim Golden, Oct 22, 2012.

  1. Tim Golden

    Tim Golden Guest

    On 22/10/2012 15:51, Kevin Holleran wrote:
    > Back at it this morning. The RPC was due to needing to run it under
    > another account (or so I think now...). However, the RemoteRegistry
    > service is not just STOPPED but DISABLED.
    >
    > I am trying to see if there is a call to actually set the state to
    > MANUAL. Then I can star the registry, grab what I need, stop the
    > service, then set it back to disabled....
    >
    > Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

    Can you connect to the remote machine via WMI? (If the remote registry
    service is stopped, WMI might be also). If so, you can access the
    registry remotely via WMI:

    http://timgolden.me.uk/python/wmi/cookbook.html#list-registry-keys

    Ultimately, you need *something* on the remote machine to be running
    which will accept incoming requests. If nothing is (because the machine
    & network are secured) then you're not going to be able to do what you want.

    TJG
    Tim Golden, Oct 22, 2012