Re: Is this just too hard for folks here? Or too stupid?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Mike Foster, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. Mike Foster

    Mike Foster Guest

    Mr. Carter, thank you very much! And thank you to all that responded -
    that's all I really wanted, to know if it was possible. While some of you
    were a little more "direct" in your ideas for me, I at least found out that
    it cannot be done via straight html on a form layout. The tables idea is a
    good one, and I'm going to research the arrays suggestion as well. For
    those who were curious, the website is for a virtual airline for flight
    simulator enthusiasts (see it at
    http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/stpaulairlines/ ). And, I always put the
    "REMOVETHIS" label in my email address because of a past history of
    receiving spam after posting to usenet groups.

    Mike

    "Andrew H. Carter" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 08:35:24 -0500, "Mike Foster"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >I've asked this several times on alt.html, and I don't even get a

    response!
    > >Is it too difficult, or even impossible to do? Or is it so "lame" that

    no
    > >one wants to respond? If that's the case, I'd appreciate someone

    pointing
    > >me to a site giving me instructions on how to accomplish it. Thanks! My
    > >original message is below...
    > >---------------------
    > >Hello! I have a form where people can pick which airline service they

    are
    > >flying for (a virtual airline). I also have on this form a drop down

    list
    > >of aircraft they can choose to fly. Right now the aircraft list has all

    our
    > >aircraft, and I would like to have this list appear contingent on the

    choice
    > >of the service they are flying. The service selections are here:
    > >
    > ><input type="radio" name="flttype" value="assigned"
    > >checked>Scheduled/Assigned PAX service<br>
    > ><input type="radio" name="flttype" value="charter">Charter Approved by

    Hub
    > >Management<br>
    > ><input type="radio" name="flttype" value="training">Training Flight

    assigned
    > >by Captain Allen<br>
    > ><input type="radio" name="flttype" value="cargo">Cargo Flight Approved by
    > >Hub Management<br>
    > >
    > >I would like the option of four different aircraft lists (for now call

    them
    > >A,B,C,D)
    > >to be given depending on which service they choose. For instance, if the
    > >click on Schedule/Assigned PAX service, then the aircraft dropdown list
    > >would show only the "A" aircraft list; Charter would only show "B", and

    so

    Mike Foster, Jun 23, 2003