Re: Is this PEP-able? fwhile

Discussion in 'Python' started by Fábio Santos, Jun 26, 2013.

  1. On 26 Jun 2013 11:45, <> wrote:

    > On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 9:30:54 PM UTC+5:30, Ian wrote:
    > > In my experience the sorts of people who preach "one exit point" are
    > > also all about defining preconditions and postconditions and proving
    > > that the postconditions follow from the preconditions. I think that
    > > the two are linked, because the "one exit point" rule makes those
    > > sorts of proofs simpler.

    > Ah! utopia!
    >
    > For every one who knows about pre/post/invariant conditions, there are 10

    who follow goto-statement-is-harmful like a religious edict.

    > I just checked and MISRA-C 2012 now allows gotos in specific, limited

    circumstances. I think it was the MISRA-C 1998 standard that caused all
    this trouble. So if MISRA now allows goto, why not Python???? :)

    What is the matter? Just use the goto module...
    Fábio Santos, Jun 26, 2013