Re: It's there any HTML editor...

Discussion in 'HTML' started by DLU, Apr 29, 2010.

  1. DLU

    DLU Guest

    george wrote:
    > ... which will allow me highlight a text or paragraph and select id or
    > class for that paragraph?
    >
    > That's what I need for editing HTML.
    >
    > Expression Web does that but is so slow for bigger pages.
    >
    > Help!!!!
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > :)

    How about creating a css for that and just designating the paragraph
    with that class?

    Or just enclose as such, <b>text</b> or other designator.

    --
    ***************************************
    * This is the Spammish Inquisition *

    DLU, Apr 29, 2010

  2. DLU

    David Segall Guest

    DLU <> wrote:

    >george wrote:
    >> ... which will allow me highlight a text or paragraph and select id or
    >> class for that paragraph?
    >>
    >> That's what I need for editing HTML.
    >>
    >> Expression Web does that but is so slow for bigger pages.
    >>
    >> Help!!!!
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> :)

    >How about creating a css for that

    I think the OP has done that.
    > and just designating the paragraph
    >with that class?

    Now he wants the editor to help him choose. Dreamweaver provides a
    drop down list of classes after you enter class=

    David Segall, Apr 29, 2010

  3. DLU

    DLU Guest

    David Segall wrote:
    > DLU <> wrote:
    >
    >> george wrote:
    >>> ... which will allow me highlight a text or paragraph and select id or
    >>> class for that paragraph?
    >>>
    >>> That's what I need for editing HTML.
    >>>
    >>> Expression Web does that but is so slow for bigger pages.
    >>>
    >>> Help!!!!
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>>
    >>> :)

    >> How about creating a css for that

    > I think the OP has done that.
    >> and just designating the paragraph
    >> with that class?

    > Now he wants the editor to help him choose. Dreamweaver provides a
    > drop down list of classes after you enter class=

    Is it worth he price difference?

    --
    ***************************************

    DLU, Apr 30, 2010
  4. DLU

    DLU Guest

    David Segall wrote:
    > DLU <> wrote:
    >
    >> george wrote:
    >>> ... which will allow me highlight a text or paragraph and select id or
    >>> class for that paragraph?
    >>>
    >>> That's what I need for editing HTML.
    >>>
    >>> Expression Web does that but is so slow for bigger pages.
    >>>
    >>> Help!!!!
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>>
    >>> :)

    >> How about creating a css for that

    > I think the OP has done that.
    >> and just designating the paragraph
    >> with that class?

    > Now he wants the editor to help him choose. Dreamweaver provides a
    > drop down list of classes after you enter class=

    Actually in Expression web, he can go to Task Panes/ Apply Styles and he
    will get a menu of his styles that he can select from.
    Expression Web has a lot of tools but it takes some time to learn them.
    You can also add asp.net to it. It works fast, I just tried it.
    I selected a text and clicked on the style and it changed immediately.

    --
    ***************************************

    DLU, Apr 30, 2010
  5. DLU

    DLU Guest

    george wrote:
    > DLU wrote:
    >

    > FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!!!!
    >
    > Just went again on the web and posted a question:
    >

    > http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...btnG=Search&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

    > Look again, and again, different web sites and even M$ employee's
    > were saying it's a bug!
    >
    > Here is a solution!
    >
    > http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/29245621/why-is-typing-text-in-exp.aspx

    > Do you have visual aids turned on in design view? Casey Hill posted
    > on Monday, February 12, 2007 8:04 PM
    >
    > Do you have visual aids turned on in design view? You can see in the
    > bottom of the EW editing window if it is on. If it is, turn it off.
    >
    > toskey
    >

    > So I have turned OFF that visual aid and EW is flying!
    >
    > :)))))))

    That is great, although I have not ad that problem as I do not post big
    blocks of text, it is something I may hae to use in the futue.

    --

    DLU, May 1, 2010