Re: James Kuyper of Microsoft: "Linux has many disadvantages"

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Jerry McBride, Feb 3, 2009.

  1. Screw Bill wrote:

    > James Kuyper, M$ spokesman:
    >
    > "I think an objective assessment reveals that Linux has many disadvantages
    > in terms of market viability. One of the biggest disadvantages is the
    > apparent unwillingness on the part of the Linux development community
    > to take into account certain demographics, in particular the less tech
    > savvy of computer users. Certainly not everybody has the time and
    > inclination to learn the innards of an operating system in order to be
    > able to use it day by day and get things done."

    And yet they expect the typical windows user to to daily battles with virus,
    worms, malware and trojans? What a moron... Not to mention the
    reboot-shuffle whenever you install something and... god forbid if
    something goes wrong...

    From the desk of:
    Jerome D. McBride

    06:39:04 up 48 days, 12:45, 5 users, load average: 2.12, 1.55, 0.68

    Jerry McBride, Feb 3, 2009

  2. Jerry McBride

    Phil Carmody Guest

    Jerry McBride <> writes:
    > Screw Bill wrote:
    >
    >> James Kuyper, M$ spokesman:
    >>
    >> "I think an objective assessment reveals that Linux has many disadvantages
    >> in terms of market viability. One of the biggest disadvantages is the
    >> apparent unwillingness on the part of the Linux development community
    >> to take into account certain demographics, in particular the less tech
    >> savvy of computer users. Certainly not everybody has the time and
    >> inclination to learn the innards of an operating system in order to be
    >> able to use it day by day and get things done."

    > And yet they expect the typical windows user to to daily battles with virus,
    > worms, malware and trojans? What a moron... Not to mention the
    > reboot-shuffle whenever you install something and... god forbid if
    > something goes wrong...

    Is the typical comp.os.linux.advocacy reader a moron who can't
    detect the splashback attack being instigated by the follow-up
    headers in the original?
    """
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    """

    Please pay a little more attention in the future.

    Phil
    --
    I tried the Vista speech recognition by running the tutorial. I was
    amazed, it was awesome, recognised every word I said. Then I said the
    Phil Carmody, Feb 3, 2009